We require a Library Assistant to start in February 2018.
We are looking to appoint a caring and committed person who is energetic and creative, who loves reading and working with children, who is an effective communicator both orally and in writing and who is an enthusiastic and good humoured team player. Successful experience of working with children is an advantage. If this is you, come and meet our team!
The priorities are to:
• Liaise with teachers and English Subject Leaders to provide comprehensive, well organised and efficiently run libraries;
• Promote the importance of reading and of regular use of the libraries through fostering a love of books;
• Improve regular participation in reading and related activities;
• Maintain a stimulating, attractive, supportive and challenging learning environment for children;
• Promote good behaviour and good social and emotional development;
• Develop positive relationships with parents, carers and the school community.
We are looking for:
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in reading and writing (minimum A*-C GCSE English)
· Excellent organisational skills;
· The ability to use IT, Office and a variety of publication software effectively;
· The energy and enthusiasm to work hard positively and pro-actively;
· Staff looking for a challenge and who welcome professional development opportunities;
· Highly professional and positive staff who work well in a team;
· Experience of working with children with a wide range of needs.
· A committed, motivated, creative, positive and friendly staff team
· A supportive and stimulating environment with opportunities for further development
· A very well resourced Primary School where opportunities for high quality learning are facilitated
· An inclusive ethos committed to nurturing and developing every child’s potential
· Work in a diverse and vibrant Borough close to London’s main attractions
Brunswick Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS Check, medical clearances and references
To obtain an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the school on 020 75259033
Closing date: 24 January 2018
Interviews: 1 February 2018