We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Library Assistant to work with the Senior School Librarian. Our beautiful library is at the heart of the school in every sense and is popular with pupils and well-used throughout the day.
After school pupils in all year groups are welcome to use the library for study or quiet reading until 18.00 each evening.
The job is term time only and the hours will be 12.30 to 18.00 Monday to Friday. Responsible to: The Senior School Librarian
• A keen interest in all aspects of literature, reading and books
• Good organisational and communication skills
• A willingness to work with students and staff to explore new and interesting ideas for promoting the library
• Commitment to and experience of young people
• Good written and computer skills including Microsoft Office.
• Flexibility and a willingness to learn new skills
• A confident and welcoming manner when dealing with library users of all ages
• Patience and a good sense of humour
• Knowledge of computerised issue systems preferred