We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Library Assistant to join our team as soon as possible. In this role you will work alongside our experienced School Librarian and in partnership with the Head of English and class teachers. The ideal candidate will have a passion and knowledge of children’s literature, with the ability to manage and promote the school library.
This is a part-time post working Monday to Friday from 1pm to 5:30pm (4pm on Fridays) when the School is in session.
Our ideal candidate will be:
• Experienced as a library assistant with a desire to apply this knowledge and skill within a school environment.
• Able to encourage a love for reading to our pupils.
• Have the necessary interpersonal skills to support pupils and students from our junior school right through to the sixth form.
• Highly organised and have good IT skills; familiarity with a Library Management System (LMS) would be preferred.
• Educated to a good standard: English and Maths GCSE A-C grade.
• An enthusiastic team player, with the ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
• Engaged with the School's ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open, honest and hardworking team.
Above all you must want the very best for our pupils and students and be prepared to put their needs first. You recognise the importance of educating the whole child within a broad curricular and co-curricular programme, and of achieving high standards.
In return we offer a positive working environment, with supportive colleagues and regular opportunities for professional development
To apply, please download an application form from our website. Please post completed forms to the following address:-
Claires Court Schools Ltd
1 College Avenue
Alternatively, completed forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (no agencies, please).
Applications must be received by 8am on Monday 14 October 2019. Please apply early as applications will be considered upon receipt; we reserve the right to interview/appoint prior to the closing date.
NB: CVs will not be accepted in place of an application form, but may be submitted as additional supporting documentation.