Charnwood College are now looking to recruit lifeguards on a casual basis.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the day to day operations of the Swimming Pool as directed by the Campus Manager; To ensure the safety and good conduct of all swimming pool users.
- Comply with the Swimming Pool Health & Safety Legislation.
- Comply with all legislative requirements including Normal Operating Procedures & Emergency Action Plans as laid down as part of the Pool Safety Operating Procedures.
- Act as first line lead in an emergency in the swimming pool areas when on shift.
- Education of all users on safe practice and procedures.
- Ensure all complaints/enquires are dealt with or directed to the Campus Manager
- Attendance on pool side during pool usage on a roster basis.
- Ensure correct setting up/taking down of equipment to maximise efficiency of the activity programme.
- Attend all monthly staff training sessions as directed by the Campus Manager
- Carry out cleaning duties as required on a daily basis & maintain high standard of facility presentation/customer care/cleanliness & Hygiene.
- Develop good communication with the key customers and other clients and colleagues.
- Provide cover for other members of staff during holiday/sickness periods.
- Maintain an acceptable level of fitness as laid out by the RLSS.
- Carry out any additional tasks within their competence as directed by the Campus Manager
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
Charnwood College is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.