An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our school as key stage 1 or 2 Class Teacher, Literacy Leader and potential TLR2 for Creative Curriculum Lead- securing excellence in application of skills across the curriculum in KS1 and KS2.
We are highly ambitious in our expectations about what our children are able to achieve, no matter what their starting points may be when they join our school. We are a professional team who work effectively together to give our children the best opportunities in an environment where everyone is encouraged and given opportunities to be the best they can be, including the grown-ups.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Bring previous knowledge and expertise based upon successful practice in teaching in key stage 1 or 2 (preferably both).
- Build upon a growing, positive journey of a love of books and reading for all children.
- Continuing our encouraging development of a high standard of reading and writing throughout the school.
- Develop a sophisticated understanding and flair with vocabulary in discussion, reading and writing for every year group from EYFS to Y6.
- Develop exceptional writing across the curriculum to include science and humanities to demonstrate fantastic application of literacy skills in both key stages.
- Continue to develop and promote full use of Cornerstones Curriculum so that all children are excited and enthused by a creative curriculum.
We can offer
- A commitment to continued professional development.
- A warm welcome from our friendly team of staff, governors and parents.
- Excellently behaved children who are eager and willing to learn.
- A fantastic seaside location.
If you feel that we are what you are looking for to progress your teaching career further and a teacher who truly cares about providing the best learning for children, we would love to hear from you.
Please state clearly your reasons for applying. It is important that you write your application based upon the person specification.
Visits to the school are very much encouraged. Please contact the school to make an appointment on 01305 785711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should be able to support the aims of a Christian school with strong church links. St John’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and two acceptable references. Applicants are invited to apply by application form obtainable from the school office and website.
We regret that we are not able to accept CV’s. When you feel you have enough information to apply, please complete the application form and return by hand or by post to: Mrs Amanda Aze (Head Teacher) St John’s CE Primary School, Coombe Avenue, Weymouth, DT4 7TP
Or via email