‘Leaders have high aspirations for the school and its pupils; Pupils are happy, polite and welcoming to visitors; Pupils are well cared for and enjoy school.’ Ofsted 2018
Hunslet Carr Primary is a dynamic and vibrant inner city primary school (NOR 464) that serves the community of Hunslet in South Leeds. We are located within easy access from the A1 and M1 motorways and within commutable distance from Leeds, Wakefield, Bradford and York.
Our Ofsted inspection in March 2018 highlighted that the leaders of the school are ambitious, have high aspirations for the school and appropriate priorities and plans for improvement are in place. As part of this vision, we are excited to develop a team that is determined and passionate to put those plans in to action.
As a result we are looking to appoint an excellent leader for our Lower Key Stage 2 team from March 2019 or sooner if possible. The successful candidate would be joining us at an exciting time as we introduce Maths no Problem and embed Talk 4 Writing across the school. Together with a happy, motivated and established team, you will provide our children with exciting and relevant experiences that prepare our young children for the next stage of their education.
We are looking for someone who:
- is an outstanding and inspirational teacher who teaches creatively, has High Expectations and a commitment to ensure all pupils achieve to their full potential
- is a Caring leader who has exceptional leadership and decision making skills and is able to lead on whole school development priorities
- has a commitment to giving children the best start in life and developing Positive Attitudes
- has excellent communication and interpersonal skills that support teachers through coaching and mentoring to be Successful practitioners.
In return we can offer:
- a chance to develop your strategic thinking whilst having the opportunity to teach
- well rounded, motivated children who are eager to learn
- a strong commitment to continuous professional development and the opportunity to develop your leadership skills
- the opportunity to become part of a school community where children are at the heart of all we do
- a commitment to protecting your work-life balance so that you feel you are truly appreciated.
We actively welcome interest from talented and dynamic leaders - you may be a subject leader or an existing Assistant Headteacher looking to further your career in a larger school. This post offers an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to progress over time.
Application packs can be downloaded from this website. However if you prefer, to request an application pack, and to arrange a visit, please contact the school office manager Christine Rayner on 0113 2713804 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Friday 11th January 2019 – 12pm
Shortlisting: Monday 14th January 2019
Interviews: Friday 18th January 2019
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.