British College La Cañada is a non-religious, vibrant and modern private school that opened in September 2008. The school currently has over 600 pupils on roll, that range from Nursery to Year 9, in two (and in some cohorts a three) form entry and when at full capacity with Sixth Form, we will accommodate up to 800 pupils across Foundation, Primary and Secondary. The school follows the National Curriculum for England and Wales and our Secondary school follows the curriculum from Key Stage 3 up until Key Stage 5. The school has a forward-thinking, dynamic ownership and management team who are ‘hands-on’ and actively involved in the day-to-day running and improvement of the school’s facilities, as well as the academic and personal progress of its young people. The school is situated in La Cañada - a beautiful urbanisation just north of the city of Valencia.
We are currently looking for a well-motivated and energetic primary teachers to join our expanding school from September 2018.
The successful candidates will:
- Have a degree from a British University (B.Ed, BA Hons with QTS or PGCE).
- Speak English to mother-tongue standard.
- Show evidence of relevant continuing professional development.
- Have a minimum of 1 year teaching in Primary school.
- Have passed NQT year and have recent U.K experience.
- Have experience of teaching the National Curriculum.
- Have excellent subject knowledge.
- Have the ability to teach reading and writing effectively.
- Be able to communicate effectively and work well as a member of a team.
- Have high expectations of children’s learning and behaviour.
- Possess the ability to set clear and appropriate targets and provide feedback to students.
- Make use of assessment information to plan future lessons and promote students attainment.
- Have good IWB knowledge.
We have high expectations for all children and aim to create a happy and inspiring environment in order for children to reach their full potential. As we are moving into our eleventh year, the school´s buildings and facilities are modern and well maintained; all primary classes have interactive whiteboards and are well-resourced.
The school follows the British curriculum, with an interest in providing a holistic approach to teaching, alongside teaching the main parts of the Spanish curriculum. The school is a member of NABSS (National Association of British Schools in Spain). For further information please visit our website.
British College La Cañada is committed to the safeguarding and protection of its pupils, therefore all successful candidates will be expected to provide a Criminal Record Check prior to employment.