Required April 2021
Pontefract Academies Trust is a cross phase Multi Academy Trust comprising of eight schools, six primaries and two 11 – 16 secondary schools. The Trust is a medium sized family of schools all located within a tight geographic hub within Pontefract. Pupils are drawn from the local community that includes a mix of different catchment areas.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking and committed Lower Key Stage 2 Teacher at The Rookeries Junior, Infant and Nursery School. The candidate will be responsible for securing outstanding outcomes for pupils through outstanding provision. The successful candidate will demonstrate high-quality teaching to ensure pupils can make accelerated progress, and upholding the highest standards of learning and achievement for all pupils.
This is a fixed term maternity cover contract with a provisional end date of 17th December 2021, however does have the potential to be extended further.
Interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 25th January 2021.
The school can offer:
- hard-working and highly committed staff who share a common sense of purpose and high expectations of what pupils can achieve
- a supportive Trust as your employer that are strongly committed to providing high quality CPD and career progression
- significant opportunities to work in collaboration with colleagues in this school and across the trust
- the opportunity to work with ambitious and inspirational leaders
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person who:
- has a friendly manner and can communicate effectively with staff and pupils
- will make a difference in changing children’s life chances
- has the skills and abilities to support children of all abilities and personal needs
- can work effectively as part of a team but can also work independently using their own initiative
- has the ability to form effective relationships with pupils and parents/carers
You can access the Trust’s Strategic Plan 2020-22 here: https://www.pontefractacademiestrust.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/PAT-Strategic-Plan-2020-Web.pdf
To obtain an application form and job specification visit the Trust’s website: www.pontefractacademiestrust.org.uk
Completed application forms should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10:00am on Wednesday 20th January 2021.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.
The Rookeries Carleton Junior Infant and Nursery School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years
The Rookeries J, I & N School was built in 1961 and is situated in the south-east of Pontefract in a semi-rural setting opposite the picturesque Carleton Green. It backs on to open fields and the Rookeries' trees – after which the school is named...