Huili School Hangzhou is looking for an experienced candidate to cover the position of Lower Primary Class Teacher. We are looking for candidates who understand collaboration and the importance of meaningful relationships as a means of striving for excellence in both their own professional development and for first class provision for all of our children. Successful candidates will have the energy, experience, and passion to help realise their own and our aspirations.
At Huili School Hangzhou our educators are recognized as role models within, between and beyond our school, building a strong sense of community, whilst being responsive to our children, families, and partners.
Our Lower Primary Class Teacher will be contributing the development in our school for children 6 to 8 years of age, with extensive knowledge in the appropriate subject outcomes for children within this age group. Placing the image of the child firmly at the centre, our educators have experience and confidence in educating children with individual goals, dreams, and impressions of the world around them- working successfully with their families and other experts in our community.
- Contribute to a setting that is underpinned by an image of a strong and capable child.
- Demonstrate an interest and ability in using the Chinese Primary-School Curriculum and the UK National Curriculum.
- Build on the interests of children through listening and reflecting within a coteaching partnership.
- Use the Key Learning Objectives (KLOs) in the key subjects for planning, assessment, and moderation purposes.
- Use technology with children as a tool for learning, organising ideas and sharing with the wider community.
- Encourage children to develop a love of learning, of exploring ideas and of discovering the world about them.
- Use a range of assessment strategies and data to inform process and progress, which aids to planning, and reporting of student progress and to design appropriate intervention and support.
- Use a strength-based approach in assessment and reporting to encourage the highest levels of wellbeing and involvement.
- Document the experiences of all children by making learning visible through project documentation, reflective journals, transcribing pupil’s work, observations, and narratives.
- Report progress and areas where the pupil needs more support in their learning at Pupil Progress meetings and parent teacher conferences.
- Adhere to child-to-adult ratios throughout the day.
Education: Bachelor’s degree and relevant teaching qualifications and certificates
Major: Primary Education
Teacher Qualification: Must have Teacher License
- At least two years’ experience in a primary school setting, with a proven pedagogy to a reflective and responsive learning environment.
- Experience working cross culturally an advantage.
- Familiarity with inquiry-based learning approaches.
Wellington College Hangzhou is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service, or local national equivalent.
Further details of the above position are available in the file of Job Description below. If you are willing to join Wellington, please attach your CV together with a cover letter here.
For more information about Wellington College Hangzhou, please click ‘Learn More about this school’ in the bottom.
Should you have any further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- Any degree.
- References, Criminal background check
- Over 25 and below 57 years of age
Huili School Hangzhou offers a world-class bilingual education for children aged from 2 to 18, which begins in Huili Nursery Hangzhou with the Early Years Foundation Stage supported by the Early Years statements taken from the Zhejiang Curriculum. In...