Chaoyang KaiWen Academy (CKWA) is a rapidly growing day and boarding school located in the Chaoyang district of Beijing. The school offers a bilingual education to local Chinese children within a state-of-the-art campus which boasts the most outstanding facilities across the full range of subject areas. As we continue to expand and grow our school, we are delighted to announce openings within our Lower Primary section
At CKWA, Lower Primary consists of Reception, Grade 1 and Grade 2. We embrace a Co-Teaching model with both an International Teacher and Local Chinese Teacher assigned to each class. We endeavor to keep our class sizes small, with a maximum of 22 students per group. Our students learn in a fully bilingual environment with specialist classes taught by elite sports coaches and arts professionals from around the world.
Our curriculum follows the rigorous requirements of the Chinese National Curriculum, enriched and enhanced by Cambridge CAIE. As an IB school offering the IB Diploma, we ensure a clear pathway to IBDP through an inquiry-rich, skills-based educational programme. The IB learner profile is woven throughout our school with a firm commitment to authentic and meaningful learning engagements.
We seek creative, dynamic teachers who have a thirst for engaging in the development of a fast-growing and quickly-evolving school. CKWA educators are driven and determined, inspired by the opportunity to lead new initiatives and be part of establishing the foundations of a what will become a leading international school in a highly competitive region of Beijing. Our teaching teams have energy and truly portray the KaiWen attributes of Courage and Adaptability.
In addition to providing a rigorous academic programme, Chaoyang Kaiwen Academy values a truly holistic education. Amongst our stakeholders and parental community, we are recognized as a school which provides a strong Arts, STEM and elite sporting programme. The school has developed a joint programme with the Globe Theatre in London, which allows regular visits by Globe practitioners to our school. These featured elements are the reason why CKWA is increasingly regarded as the school of choice for families in the Chaoyang region of Beijing.
We run a British style boarding house system for children in Grade 3 and above and most of our teachers choose to reside within our vast campus. We enjoy premium facilities that include 4 indoor tennis courts, basketball courts, 4G football pitches, indoor and outdoor running tracks, ice rink and arts centre (which includes an 800 seat theatre). Together, these facilities and our holistic programme help to shape character, build intellectual and ethical maturity and provide a foundation for each student’s lifelong learning.
Living in Beijing is an exciting experience, as this megacity is an epicenter of tradition and innovation. Its pulsating energy and wealth of opportunities are complimented nicely by its cultural treasures. Beijing is a city of beautiful scenery and has four distinct seasons. Summer is hot and humid, winter is cold and dry, spring and autumn are mild with fresh air. The transportation in Beijing is convenient, with an extensive subway system and ring-roads that will take you wherever your sense of adventure will lead you.
We are interested to learn more about what you would bring to our dynamic and evolving programme – a school that nurtures sporting and artistic talent and truly promotes a well-rounded educational experience. Chaoyang KaiWen Academy is a highly inspiring and rewarding place to work, learn and grow as a professional.
• Educators who are truly passionate about teaching and want to make a sustained impact
• Bachelor’s degree or above
• Teaching Qualification
• At least 3 years full time teaching successful experience
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, students and parents
• English speaker at native level
- Previous teaching experience within an international environment
- A passion for a balanced, holistic education – possessing a love of sports, arts and science
- Educators who embrace failure as an opportunity to reflect and learn from experience
- Teachers who bring positive energy into the classroom every single day
- The ability to collaborate and work effectively with others
- Highly effective communication skills
- Proactive and innovative solution-finding mindset
- A determination to launch and promote KaiWen Academy within a competitive market
- Active involvement within a residential community
Compensation and Benefit
• Competitive remuneration (Range is RMB26,000-36,000 per month before tax according to teacher’s qualifications)
• Accommodation on-campus provided without charge (furnished apartment including utilities)
• Global Health Insurance (except US)
• Transportation Allowance (arrival before contract starts, departure after contract complete and return flights each summer)
• Free tuition for up to 2 children
• Meals provided during working days