Renaissance College Website: https://www.rchk.edu.hk
Renaissance College opened for students in August 2006 and is providing an all-through education for 2,100 students aged 5 to 18 years. With advanced design and facilities, Renaissance College is testament to ESF’s continuing contribution to the future of quality education in Hong Kong, featuring first-class amenities such as a dedicated sports centre with sports hall and swimming pool, cafeteria, library and performance arts centre; and high-level infrastructure for Information and Communication Technology. We have a fully developed 1:1 Apple laptop programme for over 1100 students and further 500 school owned Apple laptops and desktops. We also have a growing iPad programme.
Lower Primary Classroom Teacher (Starting August 2020)
The school requires a Lower Primary Classroom Teacher for 2020/21 Academic Year. The position will be a full-time two year contract starting August 2020, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
Teachers in the department/team are expected to exemplify excellent professional practice which leads to high standards of teaching and learning within the curriculum. Teachers are also expected to support the pastoral and co-curricular work of the school and be reliable in exercising their daily responsibilities. Working as part of a team under the guidance and direction of the Head of Department/Year level Coordinator, the subject teacher is expected to fulfil the following roles:
• Provide learning opportunities for every student commensurate to her/his needs, abilities and stage of development, by teaching a programme that gives each student the opportunity to experience success, and which challenges all students to achieve their full potential.
• Establish effective and positive relationships with students based on mutual respect, recognition of the individuality of each student and affirming their cultural identity.
• Provide a safe, effective, challenging learning environment and an attractive and welcoming classroom.
• Teaching students, as timetabled, including the setting and marking of work.
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students in accordance with PYP, MYP and DP guidelines and the assessment policy of Renaissance College.
• Co-operating with other staff (whole school) on the preparation and development of courses, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment.
• Maintaining good order and discipline among the students and safeguarding their health and safety.
• Keeping up to date on teaching and international educational developments and sharing enthusiasm and resources with other teachers.
• Regularly referring to the Online Curriculum Centre of the IBO and the ESF CLC sites and interactive meetings.
• Attend professional development programmes, participating in “on campus” courses and attending professional meetings which relate to curricular, administrative or organisational matters as required; scheduled by the Head of Department, Curriculum Coordinators and Senior Management Team.
• Participating in the school system of cover for absent teachers.
• Participating in arrangements for preparing students for internal and external examinations.
• Participating in administrative and organisational tasks related to such duties as are described above.
• Collaborative planning with other teachers within and outside of the Area of Learning Department.
• Performing the pastoral duties and House (Dynasty) system responsibilities of a teacher.
• Taking responsibility for the safety of students through supervision duties.
• Other duties which may reasonably be assigned from time to time by the Principal.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Education, or
Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
Closing Date: 23 Jan 2020
For enquiries, please contact Alice Har at +852 35563553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.