We are seeking teachers with a strong background in facilitating the development of students in the Lower Primary School while providing effective pastoral care. Ascot is an IB World School offering PYP and IB Diploma programmes; applicants with PYP experience will be at an advantage. All candidates must have a degree in Education or a first degree with a Post Graduate teaching qualification. Native level English fluency is essential.
The teacher should:
- Have a commitment to and experience with delivering inquiry based and student centred lessons.
- Creating opportunities for play based, child initiated and experiential learning
- Be dynamic and progressive in their approach to educational pedagogy.
- Be committed to providing a supportive and positive learning environment for all students in their class and throughout the school.
- Support the learning community at Ascot by encouraging students to develop lifelong learning skills and by also modelling it through their own continuous professional development.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that Ascot maintains a high standard in all aspects of Teaching and Learning.
- To support and contribute to the school’s responsibility for safeguarding children and have high regard for children’s health and safety
Ascot International School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. All new teachers will be subject to enhanced DBS or similar background checks, identity checks, references from current Headteacher and one other referee. Any gaps in employment will need to be explained and justified. Any candidate that does not evidence safeguarding in their application will not be considered for employment.
Ascot International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years