Think International Primary School
Lower Primary Teacher
Think International Primary School is an IB World School offering the PYP to students from 3-11 years of age, in Kowloon, Hong Kong. We are seeking to employ a motivated IB PYP experienced teacher to work as part of the PYP team.
Our mission is to provide a safe, supportive, child-centered, and challenging environment that uses an inquiry based approach to foster diversity and to develop knowledgeable and open-minded, courageous and caring life-long learners.
We aim at preparing children to become global citizens who believe in themselves, respect other people, and love nature and their countries. With international education, students acquire global vision.
Applications are invited from colleagues with a minimum of two years full time teaching experience who can demonstrate a proven record of outstanding teaching and learning.
- Hold a relevant degree and PGCE or BEd with QTS (Primary).
- Have a minimum of 2 years classroom experience.
- PYP experience is desirable
- Be able to work and collaborate on a daily basis as part of a team
- Have the ability and proven commitment to being an outstanding, passionate and innovative classroom teacher
- Inspire, challenge, support and empower students and colleagues towards excellence.
- Show commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish good working relationships across the school community.
- Demonstrate excellent communication in English (written and spoken) and presentation skills.
- Be able to respond positively and proactively to the challenges of a rapidly developing school.
- Have excellent administrative, organisational and ICT skills.
- Have knowledge about working with EAL students.
Successful candidates will be offered:
- A fixed term up to 2 years contract with the option to extend on completion of the first term
- Competitive salary
If residing outside HK:
- Single air fare provided at beginning and end of employment to the country of residence if living outside HK
- Five days hotel accommodation provided at start of contract if outside HK
- Baggage allowance
IB Certified professional development is provided for staff members.
Think International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Interviews will be held via Skype.
A current CV, including recent photograph and two professional references should also be included and emailed together with the letter of application of no more than two A4 sides to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org