At ISL we are committed to innovation, continuous learning, global responsibility, and academic excellence. We are looking for a passionate and inspiring Lower School Digital Learning Coach to achieve this mission with us, in collaboration with an experienced and dedicated team.
We are a highly reputable school, in the center of Europe, with over 290 outstanding staff and almost 1400 students, coming from all over the world.
Brief description: The Digital Learning Coach at ISL focuses on the integration of digital literacy, device literacy and digital citizenship to support learning for students, staff and the parent community. As coach and facilitator for students, staff and parents. The Digital Learning Coach is responsible for managing, organising and facilitating the effective utilisation and integration of digital literacy, device literacy and digital citizenship within the school setting.
The Digital Learning Coach and the Head of Educational and Media Technology work closely together to ensure that the entire ISL community reaps the benefits of digital literacy, device literacy and digital citizenship.
Profile: (training, experience, skills and aptitudes necessary to do the job)
● Current teaching certificate or equivalent;
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (MA preferred with a concentration in Education/Media Technology);
● Experience in collaborative curriculum work in a school environment with the DQ Framework, ISTE standards for Technology and the Common Sense Media curriculum framework;
● Experience teaching/working with students ages (3-18), preferably for more than 2 years;
● Google Educator Level 1 and 2 certification, Common Sense Media Educator Certification or equivalent preferred;
● Excellent Digital Literacy, devices literacy and digital citizenship skills, and current knowledge on recent developments in digital literacy, device literacy and digital citizenship into curriculum;
● Experience supporting and integrating technology in 1:1 program, in a BYOD and-or school owned device program environment with both Windows and Apple hardware;
● Good understanding of IT infrastructures and digital ecosystems in a school setting
● Ability to troubleshoot and support IT hardware issues as a first line of support for student and staff;
● Experience working in an international school environment as responsible for Digital literacy, device literacy and digital citizenship;
● Passionate and enthusiastic about the use of Digital Literacy, devices literacy and digital citizenship in student learning;
● Knowledgeable about international school curricula;
● Understanding of differentiation to support and enrich student learning;
● Very good interpersonal and communications skills;
● Experience in working with G-Suite for Education, Office 365, Common Sense Media Curriculum, DQ Framework, ISTE Standards for Technology, Learning Management System (Preferably Schoology), Student Information Systems (Preferably ISAMS) and managing a staff/student helpdesk area.
● Fluency in English (near native level);
● Understanding of and experience with teaching students who are English Language Learners.
To apply please go to: https://vacancies.islux.lu/jobs