Newton College is a prestigious, pioneering school in Lima, Peru with outstanding facilities next to a lake (www.newton.edu.pe). In addition to our Lima campus, we own a large plot of land in the Amazon Rainforest with a study centre for secondary and university students.
We introduced the International Baccalaureate curriculum to Peru: in 1987 we started delivering the Diploma Programme, in 2003 the Primary Years Programme and in 2019 we expect to be authorized to deliver the Middle Years Programme.
We offer a broad and balanced curriculum where all subjects have equal status. All our pupils learn to play a musical instrument from the age of five and the Physical and Health Education course is reinforced by the wide range of extra-curricular sports activities. Model United Nations, debating and dance are other very popular and successful extra-curricular activities.
In addition to cognitive growth, we nurture our pupils’ emotional and social growth, fostering our school values – respect, integrity, commitment and empathy – in a safe and secure environment. The IB Learner Profile and education for sustainable development are guiding principles of our curriculum.
We are members of the Latin American Heads Conference (www.lahc.net ) and one of the eight schools that belong to GAIL - the Global Alliance for Innovative learning (www.gailschools.org ). Our graduates continue their studies in the best universities in Peru and throughout the world. Our former student, Kerstin Forsberg, has just been named one of Fortune Magazine’s 50 Greatest World Leaders (http://fortune.com/worlds-greatest-leaders/).
For February 2020 we are looking for a dynamic Lower School teacher:
• Expert classroom practice
• Knowledge of the IB Primary Years Programme
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school
• A high level of integrity
• Self-management and organizational skills
• A commitment to collaborative planning
• A growth mind-set
• An initial two-year contract with flights to and from country of residence
• A highly competitive salary paid in American dollars
• Baggage, settling-in and Spanish tuition allowances
• Private medical insurance and remission on school fees
• Excellent internal and external professional development
• A very collaborative and collegial work climate
Applicants should send an updated CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
The names of three referees must be provided, including current employer. Shortlisted candidates will need to produce a police clearance certificate for every country in which they have worked.
The deadline for applications is Friday, 28th June, 2019.