At ISL we are committed to academic excellence, collaboration, innovation, integrity, continuous learning, and global responsibility. To fulfil this commitment, we look to hire the best professionals possible, world-wide. We are fortunate to employ over 270 outstanding teachers, support staff and administrators coming from more than 20 different countries. Our expectations are as high for our staff as they are for our students.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional candidate to join ISL as a Lower School Teaching/Guidance Counsellor
For further information about the role and ISL, please visit our website: www.islux.lu/careers
To apply: Please submit your online application in English through ISL’s Careers webpage: www.islux.lu/vacancies
Role’s brief description: The LS Teaching/Guidance Counsellor is a resource person for students, teachers and parents within the school. He/she is the person to whom concerns related to child development, behaviour, relationships within the family, the school and the larger community should be addressed. He/she will provide these important counseling services directly to students, parents and staff.
Profile: (training, experience, skills and aptitudes necessary to do the job)
• Master’s Degree or equivalent in primary/elementary school counselling education programme;
• Teaching certificate and classroom experience required;
• Training and experience in educational psychology, counselling and diagnostic testing;
• Familiarity with and understanding of recent developments in primary/elementary education
• At least two years successful experience in an international school setting;
• Experienced in working in a collaborative teaching environment;
• Complete fluency in English (near native level) with French a distinct advantage
• Technologically competent in basic resources and programmes (ex: Atlas Rubicon, Office 365 preferred);
• Understanding of and experience with teaching students for whom English is a second language.
Working conditions: Full time –1 year Definite duration contract – Maternity & parental leave replacement
At ISL we offer: Leadership, inspiration and support. A competitive salary scale with a great range of benefits (School Holidays, Lunch Allowance, access to professional development training, etc) and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application deadline: 26th September 2017
To begin: 6th November 2017