7.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Four Dwellings Primary Academy is a friendly, welcoming two form entry primary school which is passionate about providing the best possible learning for its children. We are based in a new state-of-the-art building, located in Birmingham, West Midlands.
We are seeking to appoint an two experienced Play Leader who will have a significant impact on our journey of improvement through leading our children in play and supervising them in the dining hall at lunchtimes. We are looking for committed, hard-working, enthusiastic Play Leaders who have a Play Leader qualification or equivalent experience.
The successful candidate should be passionate about making a difference to the lives of pupils with a range of needs, dedicated to maximising learning opportunities through play and helping children with problem solving and with building successful relationships.
- Already hold a Play Leader qualification or have equivalent experience.
- Be able to inspire, challenge and motivate all children to achieve.
- Plan and provide high quality activities for children between 3 and 11 years.
- Have the confidence, skills and abilities to lead and manage play across the cohorts.
- Supervise the children whilst they eat their lunch, ensuring that they eat well and develop good table manners.
- Be a positive role model in school.
- Be committed to the principles of inclusion
- Be a team player, open to coaching and mentoring.
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
- Be committed to fostering excellent relationships between parents, carers and the community.
In return we offer:
- A ‘family’ school feeling at the heart of a thriving local community.
- A chance to work within an Academy community (locally and nationally) that promotes outstanding practice.
- A friendly supportive team of staff and governors.
- Parents who value the school and children who have a thirst to learn.
- A commitment to your ongoing professional development.
- The recruitment and retention of our staff is of the utmost importance and we want you to thrive and develop your career here.
The recruitment and retention of our staff is of the utmost importance and we want you to thrive and develop your career here.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
Interview dates will be communicated with successful candidates nearer the time.
Closing date: Friday 29 March 2019. Applications will be considered as and when they arrive.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today, by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.