The King Alfred School is looking for a friendly and professional lunchtime play supervisor to join our team in the lower school, for five days per week, 1 hour per day during the term time only.
The main function of this role will include:
- Ensuring that pupils are well-supervised and safe during their lunch breaks
- Ensuring pupils keep out of areas that are out of bounds, and don't leave the school premises
- Dealing with misbehaviour and reporting any problems they are unable to resolve to the duty teacher or head teacher
- Tending to pupils who are sick or injured, ensuring they receive appropriate medical attention, and reporting any serious accidents
- Assisting with play activities if required
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experiences:
- An enjoyment of working with children and the ability to control and supervise them
- The ability to stay calm and exercise patience
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Basic first aid skills and experience of working with children
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to Natalie Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 25 May 2018.
Interviews: Tuesday, 5 June 2018.
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.