ESF International Kindergarten (Hillside)
ESF Hillside International Kindergarten is located on Stubbs Road and offers inspiring learning experiences to children ages 3-5 years old. Our inquiry based curriculum encourages children to explore relevant concepts and ideas through child-centred play and exploration, real-life experiences and focused learning and teaching activities, allowing them to develop a range of understandings, knowledge and skills in all areas of the curriculum.
Mainscale Class Teacher (Starting August 2020)
ESF International Kindergarten (Hillside) is looking for a Mainscale Teacher who thrives in a highly collaborative environment and who can make a positive contribution to our creative and dynamic community. We are looking for a teacher who is committed to professional development and who engages in reflective practices when planning an authentic curriculum. The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2020, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
Teaching and Assessment:
• Planning a curriculum to meet students’ individual learning needs and to ensure students’ progression
• Planning for inquiry learning experiences in line with the IBO philosophy
• Using a range of appropriate strategies for learning and teaching and classroom management
• Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment
• Use technology to effectively enhance learning
• Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students
• Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show students’ achievement
• Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers
Wider professional roles:
• Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities
• Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning
• Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school
• Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently
• Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning
• Coordinate an area of the curriculum across the school
• Bachelor Degree in Education (Early Childhood Education), or Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE/PGDE in Early Childhood Education, or equivalent, which qualifies them to teach 3-5 years of age.
• 1-3 years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
Closing Date: 19 Jan 2020
For enquiries, please contact Jasmine Lau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.