To manage all aspects of the school Management Information System. To work in collaboration with other members of the school staff to ensure that the Management Information System meets, and delivers on, the requirements of the school. To be responsible for the provision of information that enhances school leadership, through the MIS and any associated maintenance of the MIS system. To resolve technical problems, as well as understanding general tasks which promote the use of the MIS system across the school. To work with colleagues on the development of systems that support management and provision of data for teaching and learning and leadership. In conjunction with the Vice Principal, design, maintain and implement the school timetable.
The following is typical of the duties the postholder will be expected to perform. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar nature and level may be required from time to time.
- Overall responsibility for the School Information Management System and for its daily use.
- To be responsible for student target setting and the creation of student targets for all students. This includes setting up computer testing and downloading results as well as locating any missing data, importing and matching data and updating target data.
- To create and manage the maintenance of target spreadsheets/documents for all subjects in all year groups including targets, attainment and VA calculations.
- To be responsible for data collections including monitoring data entry and reporting to stakeholders.
- To manage parental reporting including the creation, generation, printing and any associated uploads for all subjects in all year groups – including both written and grade card reports.
- To be responsible for academic course management in the system.
- To be responsible for all change of academic year activity including the rolling over of system data and creation of any associated new data.
- To be responsible for timetable work on the initial formatting and validating of timetable files, rooming, class list population, printing for a variety of structures and accounting for subsequent updates throughout the academic year.
- To be responsible for the generation of reports for a variety of stakeholders including writing, maintain and running reports on all areas of management information system data.
- To generate reports for the Senior Leadership Team including, but not limited to, half termly statistical reports on key performance indicators subdivided by a variety of factors. This includes isolation, exclusions, detentions, attendance, persistent absence, punctuality and any other required factors.
- To be responsible for, and contribute to, annual census returns including the student and workforce census. This includes validation checking, error processing and fault finding.
- To conduct training for staff on areas of the management information system as required, including the production of support material to support effective utilisation of the system.
- To provide support for and advise on the management of pupil data to the Principal, Senior Leadership Team, Governing Body and Heads of Department.
- To ensure that the Management Information System and its interaction with ParentMail, Show My Homework and other software products supports school development.
- To assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment and to act in accordance with the school policies and procedures.
We wish to appoint for an immediate start if possible.
Please send your application form to Mrs Sara Bowles, Office Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01787 474040)
Closing date for applications: Noon Friday 16 November 2018
Interviews: w/b 19 November 2018
Gosfield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the DBS.