Start Date: as soon as possible
Salary: £33,000 - £35,000 FTE
Term Time only plus 2 weeks
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing date: 9am Monday 20th January 2020
Do you want to be part of a team, on an exciting ‘turnaround’ journey, where you will help make a lasting impact on our students, many of whom are disadvantaged, so they can make a success of their lives?
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to develop their experience and impact across several schools. We are looking for some to strategically lead and co-ordinate our inclusion, safeguarding and attendance systems across the Avonbourne Academies (Avonbourne Boys’, Avonbourne Girls’, United Sixth Form) and Avonwood Primary as well as providing strategic support across the United Learning Bournemouth and Poole cluster of schools. You will line manage a team of support staff and also work closely with the Executive Principal.
You will be a key member of the support staff team and will be responsible for organising and managing highly efficient, effective and flexible teams of staff to provide inclusion, safeguarding and attendance support functions within the Academies.
You will need to have very good leadership, organisational and administrative skills, and be prepared to initiate and manage change. You will require energy and enthusiasm and will need to be flexible, hardworking and be able to work effectively as a team member to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
It is an exciting time to join Avonbourne Academies and play a role in the transformational journey we are currently undergoing. The academies are part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. The academies benefit from working closely with Carter, Glenmoor, Winton and United Sixth Form Academies, as part of the United Learning Bournemouth and Poole cluster. We work as a team and achieve more, by sharing, than any single school could.
We are values-driven and our vision is to provide excellent education so that all young people are able to make a success of their lives. Our most important purpose is to teach young people things they would not learn outside school which empower them. We believe that ‘Knowledge Is Power’. We believe in teaching through explicit/direct instruction (Rosenshine and Engelmann) and utilising TLAC 2.0 techniques. Our mission is to bring out ‘the best in everyone’. We are unapologetically ambitious for every child, no matter what their background, prior attainment or needs. We also believe in ‘Education with Character’ – we want young people to look back on a schooling that has inspired and challenged them, given them wide opportunity and prepared them for the ups and downs of life. We are driven by ‘REACH’ values: Respect, Enthusiasm, Ambition, Confidence and Hardwork.
We value our staff highly, and treat workload very seriously. Our systems are high leverage, ensuring you can really focus on your core purpose – supporting our students, in a sustainable way
What we offer:
• The opportunity to really develop your career, extending your impact by working across a range of schools covering the 4-18 age range
• Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities across the United Learning Bournemouth and Poole academy cluster
• An unrivalled professional progression model
• A very pleasant location in beautiful Dorset
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will:
• Be a highly effective and experienced practitioner (in the fields of inclusion, safeguarding and attendance)
• You will be highly motivated with excellent leadership and communication skills. You will act as a role model to students so professionalism and confidentiality will be key.
• Have proven impact working in a senior pastoral role in a school environment who will play an important role in helping to move the academies onto their next stage of development
• Aligned to our values and mission. If you are the type of person who fits with our culture, you will love working here
We actively welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our Academies to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment.
How to Apply:
To apply, please complete the application form.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 20th January 2020
The Avonbourne Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced DBS check before taking up the post.