Dwight School London is part of an international group of schools with its head office in New York. Students come from over 40 countries around the world. Our commitment to the International Baccalaureate Programmes (IB) throughout the school ensures each child’s personal development includes elements of leadership, initiative and service. Students are inspired and educated to make a positive difference to their school, to their communities and to the world.
We pride ourselves on the warm relationships between all members of our community. Could you make a difference at Dwight School?
We are now seeking a new member of the Community Relations Team (including admissions, events, marketing and communications and alumni relations) to take on responsibility for internal and external communications and publicity including the website, newsletters and social media. You will also support the Head of Marketing and Communications to ensure consistency of branding across the whole school.
As a new member of staff you will be required undergo a DBS check.
· To research, prepare and publish external and internal marketing communications in print, on the website (including the Parent Portal) and in social media
· To keep the website up to date and functioning efficiently
· To arrange photography and video filming, and manage the archive of images
· To help promote consistency across the school in the quality and branding of communications
· To support the Marketing and Communications Manager in all other aspects of their job
Working with, and as directed by, the Head of Marketing and Communications:
· Produce and distribute of all Dwight’s printed and electronic marketing materials (eg weekly newsletters, brochures, yearbooks, press releases and advertisements)
· Keep content on the website, including the Dwight Parent Portal up to date
· Gather, create and edit news stories for publication on the Dwight website, social media sites and other media
· Plan and direct photography and video filming as required; attend key school events to take photographs; and manage the school’s photo library
· Organise the branding and publicity materials and promotional gifts used at external exhibitions and at school Open Days
· Monitor and update entries to online school guides
· Attend, and help to prepare for, key marketing events, including Open Days, working closely with the Admissions department and Events Manager as appropriate
· Work across the school to ensure accuracy, consistency of quality and branding, and compliance with copyright and data protection requirements in all communications, liaising as necessary with teachers and departments
· Monitor the effectiveness of marketing communications, eg via surveys, monitoring SEO and using data from Google Analytics to provide reports
· Support the school in providing an outstanding customer experience
· Assist in monitoring the marketing budget and liaise with suppliers/finance department regarding invoices
· Take an active part in the department (eg at staff meetings) and in the wider Dwight School London community (eg participating in events, activities and presentations)
· Keep abreast of developments in the International Baccalaureate programmes
· From time to time, carry out other duties as reasonably directed by the Head of School or Head of Marketing and Communications
In your supporting statement please outline how your skills and experience meet the job description and person specification. The deadline for applications is 28th July but early applications are encouraged as we may appoint before the deadline if the right candidate is found.