This is a superb role for a dynamic and forward-thinking Marketing and PR Manager who would relish the opportunity to implement a strong brand and communications strategy.
This is a new position, as such, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their role and implement their own ideas. Duties will primarily cover strategy, communications, event management, marketing and PR. The role includes the day-to-day management of the Marketing and Communications Officer
The right candidate will answer ‘yes’ to the following questions:
· Do you have outstanding interpersonal skills?
· Do you write and proof read accurately with good attention to detail?
· Do you have at least 2-3 years’ experience of working in a marketing and PR?
We are an outstanding school rated excellent in all ISI inspection categories and can offer:
· The opportunity to market a very successful and oversubscribed school, with a distinct ethos and culture, in a very competitive market place
· The responsibility to develop further the College’s public profile and reputation through effective and communication with all internal and external UK and international stakeholders
· An opportunity to work with a dedicated, creative and fun team
· The role of brand guardian and ambassador for all marketing throughout the College
· The challenge to market an exceptional educational opportunity delivered by dedicated and inspirational teachers with amazing resources to prospective UK and international parents and pupils
· A beautiful working environment on the bank of the River Thames
· Excellent support and professional development opportunities
· An inclusive, thriving and supportive working environment with great community spirit
· Free lunch and supper when on duty, contributory pension scheme, gym facilities and open-air swimming pool during summer months, childcare voucher scheme and fee reduction scheme for dependent children
We welcome applications from candidates with:
· A passion for marketing and PR
· The ability to motivate and inspire
· A creative and professional approach
· High expectations of colleagues, driven to help them achieve their potential
· Excellent IT and database skills
· Exceptional team skills
· Diplomacy, influencing and persuasive skills
· Ability to stay calm under pressure and work to deadlines
Informal pre-application discussions and visits are welcome; please call Moya Flynn on 01189 405218. A job/person specification, and an application form may be obtained from www.shiplake.org.uk/vacancies.
Closing Date: Friday 15 December, 10.00am
Interviews: week beginning 18 December
Boys aged 11-18, Girls in Sixth Form, Day and Boarding
HMC, The Society of Heads, BSA
Shiplake College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts at College are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.