Marketing Intern – Fixed term contract
Summary of the Role
You will be working closely with the Marketing Director and the Alumni Officer to update and edit the main school and alumni website, manage social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter and lead on a number of writing pieces from website news stories to e-newsletters. The successful candidate will have good IT skills and knowledge of social medial channels with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Skills and experience:
· effective communication skills, both written and verbal
· ability to deal with a wide range of people in an appropriate manner
· ability to prioritise workload and work well under pressure to strict deadlines
· good telephone manner
· accuracy and good attention to detail
· computer literate with good IT skills
· knowledge of social media channels
· being a Concord alumnus (desirable)
· a pro-active approach
· well-presented with the ability to represent the College in a professional manner
· team player with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
· ability to communicate effectively
· tact and diplomacy
· ability to use own initiative
Skills and experience to be gained:
· using a website management system
· copy editing/reading/writing/sourcing images
· re-sizing photos
· how a business page looks and runs on Facebook
· customer relations
· email marketing
· use of social media
· meeting and greeting prospective students and their families
· interviewing techniques
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· placing main school news stories provided by the Marketing Director onto the main website and if appropriate replicating on the alumni website;
· taking news story content provided by the Alumni Officer to create new news stories on the alumni website;
· using Facebook to source news story content for the alumni website.
· daily checking of the main school social media channels and responding to any enquiries.
· working with the Alumni Officer to find lost alumni and sign them up to the Alumni Network using email marketing, Facebook, LinkedIn and more .
· showing visiting alumni around the school;
· interviewing visiting alumni to create news stories for the Alumni Website;
· communicating stories to alumni and visitors using email and social media marketing.
· carrying out any other administration duties such as photocopying, scanning, filing as directed.
Over the course of your year with us if you have an idea and it meets and objective we are trying to achieve then we will let you run with it
Age related minimum wage
Hours of work
9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday term time only
Holidays to be taken during school holidays (Christmas and Easter)
1st September 2017 – 30th June 2018