• Job ref: 8379
• 37 hours per week
• £21,738 - £22,685 per annum
• Wakefield City Campus
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and determined individual to join our lively, friendly team of marketing, event and design professionals. The team is responsible for promoting College and its courses to potential students and their influencers across the District and further afield. From cinema to radio campaigns and from digital platforms to direct mail – the team handles the full marketing mix.
As a Marketing Officer, you will play a leading role in the production of promotional literature including prospectuses, as well as developing targeted campaigns to promote College courses, activities and events.
This is an exciting time to join Wakefield College’s Marketing team as no two days are ever the same and the range of marketing channels continues to diversify, and the College’s provision adapts to meet the needs of its communities.
As a Marketing Officer, you should:
• Hold a Level 4 in Marketing or PR/Communications
• Have GCSE grade A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or level 2 equivalent
You should also be able to demonstrate:
• Experience of working in a marketing environment
• Successful experience of producing promotional materials, co-ordinating events and marketing campaigns
• A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
• A hands-on attitude and commitment to working towards achieving team goals.
• Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 additional closure days)
• Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
• Access to the West Yorkshire Pension Scheme
• Discounted Metro Card Scheme
• Access to employee assistance programme
• Reduced price personal gym membership
• Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
• Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 17 February 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 11 March 2020
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.