Mathematics KS5 Coordinator
Responsible for Numeracy across the Curriculum
Outer London Pay Scale plus a TLR up to £3,665pa
(Depending on the skills of the candidate)
Required from September 2018
This is a superb opportunity for a teacher to step on the first rung of the promotional ladder and is ideal for ambitious and energetic mathematicians who expect to complete their NQT year or are in their first few years of teaching. We are definitely seeking colleagues with the ambition to reach the highest levels of school leadership. This position is a key role within the Maths Department for continuing to develop A Level Mathematics and Further Mathematics. Maths is the most popular A Level at Woodcote High School. This position is perfect to enhance your C.V. and support you onto higher level leadership both within the Mathematics Department and across the whole school.
In return for your hard work and dedication we can offer you:
• A generous TLR payment of up to £3,665 pa
• The opportunity to work in a highly oversubscribed school where over 1000 students applied for 216 places
• You own dedicated classroom in a school situated in pleasant rural surroundings
• An Outer London allowance for a school that nestles on the Surrey borders
• Priority admissions for the children of our teachers
• The chance to work in a strong Maths Department with a positive P8 score in 2016 and 2017
· Recently judged as a ‘good school’ by Ofsted in March 2018
• The opportunity to work with fantastic students; Ofsted says, “students behave well. They enjoy lessons and work hard”
• Superb support and professional development that will help you progress as a teacher
• The chance to make a real difference to young peoples’ lives
Pre-application visits are welcomed and encouraged so please telephone the school or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange an informal visit before you apply.
You can download all the details and an application form for this post from TES HireWire or www.woodcotehigh.com (click on staff vacancies link at the bottom of the home page). Alternatively you can telephone or email the school.
Applications as soon as possible please, but no later than noon on Monday 21st May 2018. We encourage early applications, and reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time should the right candidate be found.