Job Advert – Mathematics Leader
Salary: MPS - UPS + TLR 2b
Contract Term: Permanent
Responsible to: Principal and Governors
Key Relationships: Students and all staff, including Senior Leadership Team
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, dynamic, motivated and able Mathematics Leader.
Pinkwell Academy is a 3 -11 popular local school, successful primary with over 850 pupils offering a broad and balanced curriculum. We are firmly committed to establishing first class standards and are proud of our achievements. Our expectations are high and this is reflected in our very improving academic record. The Academy was inspected in March 2017 and was judged ‘RI’ but has since been taken over by an outstanding Principal with an incredible track record of success. You will be enhancing a very successful area to help achieve outstanding results in 2019.
Leaders challenge and support all stakeholders to achieve outstanding outcomes for all pupils. We value and develop our staff by attracting and retaining high quality teachers, supporting them to achieve their best and create opportunities for professional growth and development.
We are looking for an excellent practitioner to work collaboratively with the SLT and other Leaders to develop colleagues in delivering outstanding lessons. You will be responsible for leading mathematics across the school, developing maths curriculum, raising academic achievement and ensuring all pupils make outstanding progress.
You will be:
· Able to inspire pupils of all abilities within Maths to achieve their highest potential across EYFS to KS2.
· Committed to delivering consistently outstanding teaching and ability to share your practice with others in a constructive and collaborative manner.
· Contribute to the strategic development of the department by implementing new initiatives, monitoring and reporting on key outcomes, to ensure the department meets academic targets.
· Responsible and be accountable for pupil attainment and achievement, by tracking pupil progress and supporting individual pupils’ learning needs.
· Able to demonstrate an understanding of maths mastery strategies as well as experience in implementing them.
· An outstanding primary school teacher.
· Inspirational, dedicated and motivated.
· Dedicated to being the best you can be.
· Passionate about Maths and the education of young people.
· Committed to Elliot Academy values.
· Committed to achieving the best for every pupil.
· Supportive of the Academy’s ethos and values at all times both within the Academy and the wider community.
· Committed to inspiring pupils and staff in the development of teaching initiatives and strategies, promoting ‘Maths’ as a subject.
· Able to provide an active contribution to the wider part of Academy life.
If you are interested in this role please contact Lisa Gannon for more information on 020 8573 2199. Visits to school are warmly welcomed. An open visit is scheduled for Monday 23rd April, please ring Lisa to confirm your space. Applications close at midday on 24th April 2018. Interviews will be held during the week beginning 30th April 2018.
Pinkwell Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Pinkwell Primary you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.