"Mathematics is the language with which God wrote the universe" - Galileo
Our Lady's Catholic College is a successful comprehensive school with an excellent sixth form provision situated in Lancaster, Lancashire. We are growing in popularity and currently oversubscribed due to continuous improvements not only in results but also in pupils’ behaviour. Parents recognise the excellent standard of pastoral care and we have a culture of high expectations resulting in a happy school to work and learn in.
We belong to a Catholic Teaching Alliance and have a sharp focus on research based CPD which allows our staff to engage in the current approaches to understand how learning takes place. This inspires our staff to give the best possible learning experience to enable our pupils to be more effective learners.
If you would like to be part of our success story please read on:
We are looking for:
• An outstanding teacher with the capability to lead a team of dedicated professionals
• A leader who can secure outstanding teaching and learning across the department
• A leader who can ensure high achievement for all pupils in all key stages
• A team player with the ability to bring out the best in all people.
• A leader who can manage time and resources effectively
• A teacher to be an integral part of our Catholic community and establish good relationships, with pupils, parent and staff, that are built on the Gospel values
What we can offer you
• A strong family ethos with a happy and harmonious environment actively promoted by school leaders
• The opportunity to teach year 12 and 13 in our sixth form centre
• Well-equipped classrooms including five bespoke I.C.T. suites
• Comprehensive P.E. facilities with a climbing wall, sports hall, gym and dance studio
• The opportunity to be involved in a wide range of social activities with our school community: tone-up Thursdays, football Fridays, talent shows, park walks, family barbecues, well-being group, book club ... and we're always open to suggestions for more!
• Discounts at LCC’s leisure centre, local bars and restaurants
For more information, please refer to the attached documents and the ‘learn more about this school’ link at the bottom of this page.
Closing date – Monday 23rd September
Interviews – Wednesday 2nd October
Please apply via the 'quick apply' link - you can apply this way, even if you do not currently have a TES account.