Teacher of Mathematics
St. Stephen’s International School, Bangkok Campus, is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and enthusiastic Mathematics Teacher for January 2020, or sooner, if possible.
In Key Stage 3 the Mathematics Department follows the British curriculum. All students study Mathematics up to IGCSE Level and are set according to ability. Mathematics is a popular, and very successful, A Level subject, as is Further Mathematics for the most able students. All public examination courses are provided by Cambridge International Examinations.
It is essential to:
• Be able to teach Mathematics at KS3 and KS4 level
• Be a native-level English speaker
• Be appropriately qualified (e.g. B.Ed. or a first degree and a PGCE)
• Provide three professional referees, one of whom must be your current, or most recent, Principal
It is desirable to have experience of:
• Teaching Mathematics at KS5 level
• Working in the international sector
• Teaching the CIE courses
St. Stephen’s is located in the north of Bangkok, close to Don Muang Airport and the world famous Chatuchak Market. The school is two-form entry and caters to students from Nursery to Year 13.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply to the Principal, via the online application form (see below) and send a CV, with a recent photograph, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that St. Stephen’s International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including a criminal record disclosure, and other standard pre‐employment safeguarding checks.
Successful overseas candidates for teaching posts will normally be offered:
• a two-year contract, renewable by mutual agreement (possibly 5 terms in this case)
• a competitive salary
• accommodation allowance
• medical insurance
• flights to and from home location
• free tuition for up to two dependent children
• relocation allowance
Closing date: 27 October 2019
Interviews will be held in Bangkok or by Skype. The school may appoint earlier than the closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.