Required: September 2018
Pleckgate High School is celebrating another rapid increase in the progress made by students, with an impressive Progress 8 score of +0.40 placing us in the top 18% of schools nationally. The proportion of students achieving a grade 4 or more in both of these subjects was 71%, up 10% on last year. An impressive 52% of students achieved at least a grade 5 in English and mathematics. Our students achieved 28 grade 9’s across these two subjects, demonstrating success at the very highest level.
The Mathematics department in school is a beacon department recognised as performing in the top 1% of schools nationally. Pleckgate is committed to developing the potential of every student and our ethos revolves around our school motto: Aspire and Believe. Act and Succeed. We have strong and supportive relationships ensuring our expectations and visions are shared with parents, students and staff. Pleckgate High School is on a journey to Outstanding and we are now looking for a talented individual to be a crucial part in the future of the department.
The Governing Body wish to appoint a dynamic and inspiring mathematics teacher to join a committed and dedicated team of staff within the Department. The mathematics Department consists of 10 staff and celebrated excellent results in 2017 with a positive Progress 8 score of +1 and 63% of students achieving a grade 5+ in mathematics.
We would like to appoint a dynamic and innovative full time mathematics teacher. Our mathematics department consists of a team of experienced and highly motivated colleagues and we are looking for a candidate who can build upon their significant achievements. NQTs are also encouraged to apply.
We can offer you:
- 2017 Math’s results with an overall positive Progress 8 score of +1.0
- Progress of the most-able that is in the top 1% of students nationally with 21 grade 9’s
- 63% of students achieving a grade 5+ in mathematics (compared to 48% nationally
- Hardworking and motivated students and a committed body of teacher and support staff.
- A well-established programme of extra-curricular mathematics activities which engage and motivate students
- A supportive environment with high quality CPD opportunities.
- An ICT rich environment where all pupils have mini iPads and all teachers are provided with a mac book and iPad.
- A culturally and socially diverse student intake that behave well and are keen to learn.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the teaching and learning of mathematics
- Committed to outstanding teaching and learning practices which result in successful and confident mathematicians
- Able to think creatively with an excellent understanding of developments in education and mathematics specifically
- Able to engage, motivate and inspire students
- Enthusiastic and visionary with regard to curriculum implementation and extra-curricular opportunities
- A successful practitioner with a track record of high expectations and successful outcomes
- Committed to their own professional development
An Application form and further details for this post are available from the school website.
Closing Date: Monday 9th April 2018 9:00am.
Interviews: to be arranged
Further enquiries to Mrs R O'Neill, PA to the Headteacher.