Mathematics Teacher - NQT/MPS/UPS - Full Time - Starting September 2020
The Governing Body of Pleckgate High School wish to appoint a hardworking and dynamic Mathematics Teacher. The Mathematics department consists of a team of 10 experienced and highly motivated staff and we are looking for a candidate who can play a central role in building on the strengths and success of the mathematics department and the school. The Mathematics department consistently achieves excellent results, well above the national average.
We can offer you:
• A culturally and socially diverse student body who behave well and are keen to learn.
• A long history of strong GCSE outcomes.
• State-of-the-art facilities.
• Hardworking students and a committed body of teachers and support staff.
• An established and successful suite of humanities option subjects within a supportive humanities team.
• Popular option choices at KS4 with a history of strong educational outcomes across the humanities subjects.
• A well-established programme of extra-curricular Humanities activities, which engage and motivate students.
• An ICT rich environment where all students have mini iPads and all teachers have iPads and a MacBook.
• Part of a growing MAT with associated benefits such as Health and Dental Care Plans for staff.
We are looking for somebody who is:
• Passionate and knowledgeable about the teaching and learning of Mathematics with an understanding of developments in education and Mathematics specifically.
• Positive, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Committed to outstanding teaching and learning practices.
• Able to engage, motivate and inspire students and colleagues.
• Enthusiastic with regard to curriculum implementation and extra-curricular opportunities.
• A successful practitioner with a track record or clear commitment to high expectations and successful student outcomes.
• Committed to their own professional development.
The Education Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding its children; therefore, an enhanced DBS clearance will be undertaken for the successful applicant(s). The Trust (and its schools) are legally obligated to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before making appointments to relevant posts.
Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted, if you need to discuss a reason for being unable to complete a section, please call the recruitment team on 01254 790026.
For a confidential discussion about this post or alternative ways to apply, please contact 01254 790026
Closing Date: Monday 27 January 2020 09:00