Part-time (0.6) (3 days)
The King Alfred School is looking for a talented Mathematics Teacher to join our unique and exceptional school commencing in January 2019.
As a Teacher of Mathematics, you will be joining a supportive, welcoming and successful team, with excellent outcomes. The key duties of this role will include:
- teaching Mathematics up to GCSE and preferably to A Level
- ensuring that teaching and learning in the classroom is of a consistently high quality on a day-to-day basis
- actively contribute to a cohesive, hardworking and happy team, with a strong collegiate culture
- making a contribution to students beyond the classroom.
To work at KAS, you will be passionate about a holistic approach to education. We value the progress young people make beyond their grades, and are fortunate in being able to create a rich experience that is true to our own principles and values. In addition to aligning with our values as a school, the ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experiences:
- good honours degree + PGCE secondary (QTS)
- ability to establish successful relationships with students, parents and colleagues
- strong commitment to student engagement and achievement in English
- this post would suit either an experienced colleague or NQT.
Please see the attached job info pack for a detailed description of the duties involved this role, as well as a person specification of our ideal candidate.
If you share our vision and are a reflective, hard-working and forward-looking professional, we would very much like to hear from you.
The salary for this role will be dependent on experience (King Alfred follows the National Pay Scales, and enhanced by an additional £6,186 annual supplement).
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your CV, covering letter and completed application form to Mahmood Noman, HR Manager, at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 4pm, Monday 24th September 2018
Interviews to be held on: Friday 28th September 2018
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.