Avenor College, a dynamic, selective and future thinking school, offering great opportunities for continuous professional development, is seeking a Teacher of Maths to join our school on the next steps into the future.
As the school continues to expand, we need to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic professional to contribute to the teaching of Maths from KS3 to A Level.
Applicants should be qualified Mathematics teachers and NQT’s are welcome to apply.
We would welcome applicants who will fulfil the following Essential Characteristics:
- Be fluent in English;
- Be able to offer Maths to iGCSE and to A level with an international dimension;
- Contribute some to the development of the Key stage three programme of study;
- Be able to motivate and challenge able students, by co-creating a stimulating learning experience;
- Be motivated to develop schemes of work and ensure that Maths is a central aspect of the whole school curricular and co-curricular experience;
- Inspire trust and confidence in students, parents and colleagues, with the ability to offer CPD to colleagues in your area of specialism;
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of Avenor College.
We value the following personal characteristics and would hope you might be able to demonstrate these:
- People oriented - building positive relationships; good team player and good team builder; excellent listener; fair and consistent;
- Positive outlook - in all respects a good role model who will lead by example;
- A high level of cultural sensitivity and the ability to treat all staff/students/parents equally regardless of nationality or background;
- Capacity for hard work; organised and prepared; a high degree of resilience;
- Healthy lifestyle;
- Interest and constant practice in their own personal development;
- Constant learner.
- An attractive package- salary and benefits;
- The position will be offered on an initial two-year contract term with annual renewal thereafter;
- Maximum class sizes of 18;
- Continuing professional development opportunities;
- Maximum contact time 24*50 minute lessons per week;
- A wonderful well equipped friendly environment in which to work, with a motivated extremely well-lead team of Mathematics specialists;
- A great team spirit.
• Ensure that your application form includes the names of at least three referees with their current phone numbers and email addresses;
• Include a covering letter explaining your strengths, your reasons for wanting to work at Avenor College and a short statement outlining your educational beliefs;
• Please browse our extensive bilingual website for a clear overview of the school, and you can find us on Facebook which gives a flavour of the vibrancy of the school;
• Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information prior to applying.
- Closing date: Applications will be dealt with on receipt;
- First-round interviews will be conducted via Skype;
- Final interviews for shortlisted candidates will be individually arranged.
Please be aware we take very seriously our duty of care towards all our students; as part of our safeguarding procedures we will undertake rigorous checks with referees, as well as requiring you to provide an updated enhanced DBS together with an updated ICPC.