Please review the recruitment video on this site to find out more information about The Sultan’s School www.hays.co.uk/jobs/the-sultan-school-international-teaching
The Sultan’s School was established in 1977 and as we move into our 41st year we are looking to appoint experienced teachers to help us on the next stage of our journey.
In March 2018, we will host a team from the Council of International Schools (CIS) with a view to gaining full accreditation.
More recently, and as part of our continued strive for excellence we have made considerable investment in updating our campus. This includes:
- Additional on-site teacher accommodation. All our internationally recruited staff live on campus and we have recently added four, three bedroom town houses. Additional accommodation is planned, together with upgrades to our existing villas and apartments.
- Fibre optic Wi-Fi throughout the whole campus, which will allow us to explore new avenues of teaching and learning.
- The complete refurbishment and expansion of our library that has become a focus for teaching and learning for the whole school.
- The complete refurbishment and expansion of a number of our classrooms. Further improvements are planned over the next few years.
- The development of a specialised IBDP centre for the students in Years 12 and 13. Our students have undoubtedly benefitted from this new resource as our 2017 IB results were the best in the school’s history at 95%.
The school is currently seeking to recruit experienced Mathematics Teacher KS3-KS5 who will teach a class of children, following our schemes of work based on the English National Curriculum.
Mathematics Teacher KS3-KS5
The appointed person will be expected to teach throughout secondary. Previous experience of the IGCSE and IBDP would be an advantage.
Previous experience of the English National Curriculum preferred.
Applicants must possess:
- A relevant teaching qualification and at least two years’ teaching experience
- High expectations and a creative approach in the classroom
- The commitment to work as part of a dynamic team
- Strong organisational skills
- Evidence of ongoing learning
- Excellent spoken English
- Enthusiasm and a sense of fun.
Preferred skills and teaching experience should include:
- QTS or equivalent teaching qualification
- 2 years consistent teaching experience post qualifying is required for VISA purposes.
- Working with children for whom English is not their first language is desirable
- Experience of working internationally is desirable
The school offers an excellent tax free package.
This includes accommodation, utilities’ allowance, annual airfare and medical cover
Staff live on our tranquil and safe campus which strengthens social opportunities for both adults and their children.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you would like to join our team, please send a CV (max two pages) and a covering letter (max two pages), together with a recent photo to the Principal (Dr. Glenn Canterford) at: email@example.com
Please DO NOT send any additional information (copies of degree certs etc) at this stage.
For Visa processes we require the following information:
1) Date of birth 2) Marital status 3) Name / Type of Teaching Qualification
4) Your Nationality 5) If applicable the Nationality of your Wife/Husband/ Nationality of your children
Applications will be reviewed immediately and short listed applicants will be contacted once applications have been reviewed.
Phone and Skype Interviews will be held for suitable applicants as soon as possible and we reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.
- To qualify for a position at The Sultan's School, candidates must hold a recognised teaching qualification, such as a B.Ed, B.A/B.Sc with QTS or PGCE.
- Applications from married couples are particularly welcome.
- The school does not recognise qualifications such as CELTA unless they are in addition to a teaching degree.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within six weeks of making an application, please assume your application was unsuccessful.
For further information please call Penny Kontopyrghou who has recently visited The school and can answer any questions