RAK Academy is looking for an experienced Mathematics teacher, able to teach students in the 11-18 age-range, following a UK curriculum and the IB Diploma Programme.
About Ras Al Khaimah Academy
RAK Academy is an independent, co-educational international school, situated in Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), a northern emirate, about 1 hour from Dubai. Founded in 1975, it was the first in the region and is considered one of the most important schools in the Emirate. Along with the Secondary School there are four Primary schools: three British Curriculum and a PYP School . There are over 4500 students across the academy , with 950 in Secondary. We are fully accredited with the International Baccalaureate (IB), Council of International Schools (CIS), British Schools Overseas. (BSO) and British Schools of the Middle East (BSME)
We are a comprehensive entry school with students from over 60 countries and a host-national population of about 65%. The Secondary school offers a UK middle-school curriculum culminating in the IGCSE. The post 16 programme provides options for AS/A Levels and the IB Diploma.
Ras Al Khaimah is located within an easy drive of Dubai but is a quieter, less expensive place to live. It is well suited for families and the more adventurous alike, with a wealth of outdoor and leisure activities, the landscape and the coast to avail of. Ras Al Khaimah has a distinctive cultural and geographical past.
Many of our staff have their children in school and there is a strong sense of community here.
The successful candidate will:
- Promote the school mission statement and the aims and objectives of the Secondary School and of RAK Academy at all times.
- Ensure delivery of high quality, student-centred lessons to all students.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records of student progress, against baseline and target data.
- Give meaningful feedback and guidance to students in line with good AFL practice.
- Maintain positive communications with parents regarding the progress of their children.
- Ensure a positive and creative working environment in the classroom.
- Provide cover support for absent colleagues where required.
- Participate in the school CPD programme.
- Contribute a minimum of one After-School Activity per week to the ASA programme.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- A high quality degree with Mathematics as the major, or in a related subject such as engineering
- A valid postgraduate teaching qualification/teacher licence/QTS
- At least 4 years teaching experience
- Experience of the National Curriculum of England. In addition, IB Diploma HL/SL experience would be considered a distinct advantage.
- Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have and demonstrate:
- A strong sense of values and understanding of the vision and mission of the school.
- A high level of organization, energy and drive to achieve the best outcomes for students.
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record of delivering results.
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life.
- A high level of openness and honesty in working with colleagues.
- A strong sense of teamwork.
- An appreciation for the academic and personal issues facing children with language backgrounds other than English.
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students.
- An attractive employment package that includes tax free salary, free accommodation, free utilities and medical insurance, end of service gratuity and annual return flights to the home country
- A supportive teaching environment with a commitment to Professional Development
- The opportunity to live and work in a beautiful and distinct part of UAE with an amazing cultural and geographical past
Candidates interested in applying must provide the following:
- A completed application form. This can be downloaded from this advertisement or from the school website www.rakacademy.org by clicking on the “Academy Careers” tab.
- An up to date CV
- Letter of application, stating why they are the best candidate for the role, addressing the criteria and responsibilities outlined above.
- Contact details for two referees, who must be direct line managers/supervisors. At least one must be from the candidate’s current school.
The initial contract is for 2 years with annual extensions by mutual agreement thereafter.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 15th November, 2018.
Candidates will be shortlisted for telephone/video call interviews. Please note that only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Please email the PA to the Head of Secondary to submit your application documents: firstname.lastname@example.org