British International School Hanoi is looking for a highly qualified Mathematics Teacher from August 2020.
BIS is a school where integrity, care and respect lie at its core. As well as striving for academic excellence, at BIS we focus on the all-round development of each child. Through a progressive programme of community service and an emphasis on our 5 strands for global citizenship, students are encouraged to become internationally minded.
BIS is an all through school of 1,000 students, from 3 to 18 years. Primary and Secondary teachers work together closely to deliver a stimulating curriculum leading into the IGCSE and the IB Diploma programmes. At BIS, students achieve outstanding results: The IBDP average score is significantly higher than the IB global average. The IGCSE 3-year average is 90% A*-C and 47% A*/A.
The successful candidate will be someone who is highly motivated and continually seeking to improve, aligning with our vision of ‘being ambitious’. Our enviable professional development opportunities enable staff to take part in development teams, on-line courses through the Nord Anglia University and benefit from external specialist sessions offered across the region.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic, qualified and experienced teachers who are excellent communicators and enjoy working together. Applicants should be well organised and have a good sense of humour. Specific requirements are:
- A degree and Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience of teaching
- The ability to teach Mathematics to IBDP (or A level) is essential.
- The ability to offer the IB Diploma Programme is highly desirable.
- Teachers who have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of behaviour management through well focused teaching and through positive and productive relationships.
- Teachers who identify clear learning objectives, content, structures and sequences of lessons appropriate to the educational needs of the students.
- Reflective practitioners who set appropriate, realistic yet demanding expectations for student learning, building on prior attainment/knowledge.
- Passionate and ambitious teachers who can motivate students, based on high expectations.
- Promotion of the wider aspirations and values of the school.
- Teachers who have experience of adapting lessons for EAL learners.
BIS Hanoi is a Nord Anglia Education school and is part of a global community of approximately 13,000 people working together in 66 schools located in 29 countries around the world. Together, we educate approximately 64,000 students globally from ages 2 to 18 across China, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, The Americas and Europe.
Through unique collaborations with The Juilliard School and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), you will also get unrivalled access to world leading experts in the performing arts and STEAM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths). Also, our collaboration with King’s College London, exclusive to Nord Anglia staff, gives you a chance to earn your Executive Master’s in International Education.
BIS Hanoi opened in August 2012 on a large purpose built campus in the Long Bien district of Hanoi which is a 30 min drive from the centre of Hanoi. Our first class facilities and impressive resources include a large library learning hub; well-equipped Computer Science rooms offering flexible learning areas; two all-weather pitches; large gymnasium and swimming pools; music rooms with sound-proofed break out areas, a dance studio and a large auditorium seating over 1,000.
In return for your passion to promote a quality education, we offer a professional working environment and an attractive remuneration and benefits package in line with the status of this position that include:
- Spacious accommodation
- Annual return flights
- Relocation allowance
- Visa / work permit costs
- International medical insurance
- Health club membership allowance
- Free school places for up to two children
Initial contracts are for two years with a start date of August 2020.
Please apply for this vacancy using our recruitment portal by clicking here .- All applications must be submitted via our portal. You will need to upload a letter of application and an up-to-date CV, which must include a recent professional photograph and the contact details of three educational referees.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practice and appointments are subject to an interview, satisfactory references and identity and criminal record checks.