Do you want to join an enthusiastic, talented and forward thinking department which is well equipped to meet the challenge of the new Mathematics Curriculum? If so, an exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a teacher of Maths at this great Catholic school.
St Wilfrid's Catholic School is:
- a high achieving and oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with over 940 students.
- a school that wants to be the very best it can be.
- a school where everyone is valued and supported.
- a strong community based on mutual respect.
- a welcoming and productive place.
Our Maths Department:
- is fully staffed by dedicated, specialist practiioners
- is open to innovation and change
- works closely with Sussex Maths Hub
- is involved with NCETM Reasoning in Mathematics Project
- A Level Maths is a popular choice at KS5, especially with our girls
- plays a major role in the enhancement of STEM in our curriculum
If you want to work in a school where everyone is valued and supported to be the best they can be (both students and staff) then this is the school for you. Please click on this link to get a flavour of St Wilfrid’s: https://youtu.be/lVTRzg0QzM8
This is a school that wants to be the very best it can be. Do you want to be part of that? This post would be ideal for an NQT, or for anyone who wants to join a school where there may be future opportunities for career progression.
We would welcome an opportunity to show you our school. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA on 01293 425185 or email email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Application forms and details about the post are attached and should include a maximum of 2 pages of supporting statement.
Closing date: Tuesday 21 March 2017 9.00am
The closing date given is a guide only and you are encouraged to submit your application form by email as soon as possible. There may be occasions where we will close a vacancy and interview once sufficient applications have been received.
The school is strongly committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Young People. The successful applicant shall be required to undertake an enhanced CRB disclosure and other recruitment checks.
Any successful applicant will be required to undertake a DBS check at an Enhanced level.