Headteacher: Miss V Gowan
Responsibility in Mathematics (Mathematics teacher)
Scale: TLR 2B
Post starts September 2019
An opportunity has arisen for an outstanding leader, holding Qualified Teacher Status, to be in charge of Year 8 within the Mathematics Department at Lord Derby Academy. You will play a key role in driving the school forward as we continue to accelerate progress in all key areas of the Academy through our high standards and expectations.
As a leader in the school, you will be part of a team with very high aspirations. You will also work collaboratively with schools from across the Dean Trust to develop a common approach to delivering mathematics that reflects national initiatives and curriculum changes. We are unwavering in our ambition for this school community.
The school is oversubscribed in Year 7 for September 2019.
Lord Derby Academy opened on 1st February 2014 and is part of The Dean Trust, which has a number of very high performing schools and a proven track record of sustained improvement. The Dean Trust’s core values include traditional academic education, excellent discipline and respect, resulting in improved attainment and progress. “Believe, Achieve, Succeed” has been embraced by all of the schools in The Dean Trust. We have proved the power of these words with praise in Ofsted inspections.
We can offer you the opportunity to:
• Join a cohesive and highly ambitious team of staff “The morale, dedication and commitment of staff is contagious”. (OFSTED 2017)
• Join the highly successful Dean Trust “The Trust provides training and support of a high quality through the Teaching School” (OFSTED 2017)
• Join a school with strong reputation “Parents told inspectors they are ‘honoured’ to send their children to this school” (OFSTED 2017)
• Develop your leadership skills through access to high quality CPD “The support and training that staff receive are excellent”. (OFSTED 2017)
• Join a school which sets high standards for both staff and pupils “The reputation that this is a school that insists on the highest standards of behaviour is deserved”. (OFSTED 2017)
As a teacher of Mathematics, you will be part of a friendly and dedicated department and deliver to pupils across the ability range at both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. The Mathematics Department embraces new pedagogy and has recently been involved in the Shanghai Teacher exchange developed by the Maths Hub. As a result, we have created a mastery curriculum for KS3. CPD for the Mathematics Department is tailored to collaboratively develop this practice. The Department is also a strategic partner of the Ashton on Mersey Maths Hub, working with the hub to offer CPD for maths teachers throughout Knowsley and beyond.
We are highly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS vetting procedures are required for all posts.
Application forms and further information are available from Joanne Riley on 0151 477 8860 or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 29th April 2019 12pm
Proposed interview date: Week commencing 6th May 2019