Here at Babcock International we’re looking to recruit Maths Adviser to join the team.
This is a rare opportunity to join a nationally recognised and respected team of maths advisers who believe that thinking is at the heart of mathematics and so should be at the heart of mathematics teaching and learning; developing relational understanding underpins the work of the team. The team is led by Dr Ruth Trundley, is based in Exeter, Devon and works across the country. The post is permanent and will require the successful candidate to work collaboratively to:
- Provide clear advice and support to primary schools with credibility and integrity
- Create, manage, deliver and evaluate professional development programmes and action research based projects
- Provide high quality consultancy to schools and clients focussed on teaching and learning and leadership in mathematics in order to improve outcomes for children
- Contribute to publications and online professional development materials as well as the social media presence of the team
- Work in partnership with the local maths hubs and alongside other school improvement partners (within Babcock and other organisations)
- Contribute to the development of mathematics teaching and learning across the South West
What do I need to do the role?
- Previous successful experience as a primary teacher including experience of teaching in both KS1 and KS2 and, ideally, some experience of the Foundation Stage.
- Experience of leading and supporting high-quality professional development in mathematics
- Experience of leading mathematics and effecting change
- Experience of working with a maths hub through a work group or other hub activity.
- Education to degree level and award of qualified teacher status
What else do I need to know?
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Babcock is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Babcock Education is the largest integrated education support service provider in the UK.
Babcock Education combines the best commercial practice with the values and principles of the public sector, working with schools and settings, extended services, local authorities, colleges, government departments and agencies to improve the life chances of all children and young people. Our long term strategic partnerships enable learners, teachers and communities to fulfil their potential through world-class education.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you’ve completed this you’ll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week’s special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.
Closing date: 5th August 2019