Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Maths & Computing Teacher to join an ‘Outstanding’ independent special needs school in the Merton area of South West London. This full time Maths & Computing Teacher role is for a September 2019 start and will be on a temporary or permanent contract. This school specialises in Speech, Language and Communication impairment. The Maths & Computing Teacher will teach secondary age students across KS3. The maximum class size will be 8 pupils. The school supports students through a language based curriculum employing experienced teachers, teaching assistants and therapists.
About the Role
• Maths & Computing Teacher
• Children are in KS3 and will have a variety of needs centred around Speech, Language and Communication difficulties
• Some will have behavioural and emotional difficulties
• Maximum class size of 8
• Lots of support within the classroom, including a TA, therapist plus one other adult
• Prior experience supporting students with speech and language difficulties (SPLD)
• Full time permanent position
• The hours for this role are 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday and term time only
• Salary from £26000, dependent upon experience
About the School
• Caters to students with a speech, language and communication impairment
• Children at this school are aged between 3 and 19
• ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating
• Holistic tailored curriculum with a focus on removing barriers to learning
• Excellent leadership team
• Supportive team environment amongst teaching and support staff and therapists
• Located next to a mainline station and parking is also available on-site
In order to be considered for this role, the Maths & Computing teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD0509MCT.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.