Position – Maths and English Teacher (Years 4 – 6)
Location – Harrow, London
Salary – £25000 - £35000
Purpose of Position:
To secure rapid progress for students throughout the school through the provision of high quality teaching and learning. All teachers at the school are expected to meet the requirements of the National Teachers’ Standards.
Accountable to: The post reports to the Assistant Head of Academics
Areas of Responsibility and Key Tasks
Planning, Teaching & Class Management:
To educate pupils by planning their teaching and learning experiences to achieve their own best standards through the use of the following;
· To deliver the curriculum through the scheduled teaching programme.
· To perform duties and attend meetings as required.
· To assess and record students' progress, to prepare reports and take part in parental consultations.
· To undergo in-service training where required to keep abreast of developments in school initiatives curriculum and subject areas.
· To contribute to the school's pastoral system.
· To observe and implement current school policies and good practice.
· To participate in the school’s performance management scheme.
· To provide emergency cover (rarely and in unforeseen circumstances) for absent teachers.
· To carry out such particular duties as the Headteacher may reasonably direct from time to time, in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document. Together with the SENCo, monitor the impact of intervention strategies in addressing under achievement
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting:
· Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching
· Mark and monitor pupils’ work and set targets for progress
· Assess and record pupils’ progress and systematically keep records
· Monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning
· Undertake assessment of pupils as required by internal assessment procedures and external examination requirements
· Prepare and present verbal and written reports to parents
Other Professional Activities:
- Act as a role model, mentor or consultant to colleagues as appropriate and encourage collaboration, co-operation and teamwork
- Regularly review the effectiveness of your teaching and assessment procedures and its impact on pupils’ progress, attainment and wellbeing, refining your approaches where necessary responding to advice and feedback from colleague
- Be responsible for improving your teaching through participating fully in training and development opportunities identified by the school or as developed as an outcome of your appraisal
- To have professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the school in which you teach, and maintain high standards in your own attendance and punctuality
- Perform any reasonable duties as directed by the Deputy Headmaster and Assistant Head of Academics
Other Professional Activities:
· QTS Required
· A wonderful opportunity to work in a quality Prep school based in London.
· We looking to appoint an exceptional teacher to contribute to the high quality teaching and learning across the school.
For further details and an application pack, please visit our website:
Closing date: 3rd July 2018
The school is committed to the welfare and safeguarding of children. Employment is subject to references and a DBS check