Mangahigh is a digital resource that is trusted by over 5000 schools across the world for teaching maths in a blended environment. Mangahigh's strength is its high quality content, and its ability to engage, motivate and positively influence students of all abilities towards learning maths using social game-based techniques.
Our team contains technical people, game designers and mathematicians including Marcus du Sautoy, who chairs our advisory board. See a case study here.
What is the Content Director's Role?
We have 600+ maths resources for KS1-4 that are adaptive, curriculum-aligned and build students' conceptual understanding. We are proud of the content we have developed and it has been the pillar of our growth so far. However, given the advancement in technology, it is time for us to take our content to a whole new level.
We are looking for a highly driven, experienced teacher to oversee the development of our new maths content that will be built by our technology team. You'll be managing a team of content creators, maybe as many as 30 other teachers who'll work remotely to develop content under your direction. You'll need to work with our web developers, our designers to ensure that our content is of the highest standard and meets the needs of our customers across US, UK, and Australia.
What might a typical working day look like?
- 930am Run a webinar for a school. Explain how to use Mangahigh's resources in the classroom
- 1015am Audit the design of a question to teach place value using a dynamic display. Provide feedback to the teacher who designed the question, suggest ways it could be improved
- 12pm Telephone interview with 4 teachers all keen to work part-time for Mangahigh in developing resources
- 1pm Lunch with the Product Manager. Discuss when will we be able to have complete coverage for KS3 Algebra using our new resources?
- 2pm Design a resource to allow students to perform angle construction using online compass/ruler
- 4pm Skype call with an American teacher to learn how they approach the teaching of vectors
- 5pm Break the teaching of percentages down into 10 separate skills so you can allocate the development of new resources to our design team
What are the essential skills/qualifications?
- QTS, at least 5 years teaching experience
- Secondary maths teacher, or primary teacher with maths specialism
- Maths qualification to at least 'A' level (preferably degree level)
- An outstanding classroom teacher who inspires students
- A proved track record of creating high quality resources for your school and the wider community
- Excellent time management and extreme attention to detail
- Quick learning and comfortable in a technology environment (coding is not essential)
- Eye for visual detail and aesthetics
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- A desire to change the face of digital learning on a global scale
- Comfortable delivering online training to a teacher, or giving a presentation in person to a room of 1000 educational professionals, and everything in between
- A keen interest in curriculum development/correlation
- A desire to lean how maths is taught in other parts of the world
- A keen interest in playing online games and online learning
What are the working conditions?
- Salary £45,000 to £60,000 p.a. depending on experience and skills, plus up to 10% bonus
- Mon-Fri 930am - 6pm at offices in Finsbury Square, London
- Opportunities to work occasionally from home
- Opportunities to travel around the world and deliver training to teachers in places like USA, Australia, India, Maldives, UAE, Malaysia.
- 22 days holiday p.a. rising by 1 day each year to a maximum of 25, plus public holidays
What will you get out of this job?
This is an opportunity to combine your love of teaching with a scale of impact that Mangahigh offers. With your creative ideas and thought leadership in mathematics, you'll be impacting lives of over 10M students, who will be using our program over the next 3-5 years.
Your skill set will rapidly expand as you work with web developers, games designers, sales team and business managers. Given the global nature of Mangahigh, there will be plenty of opportunities to travel to different parts of the world, delivering presentations at a conferences, running teacher training sessions or meeting with ministries of education.
You'll also get management experience as you'll be expected to help recruit and and manage a team of teachers to work on resource design.
What information must I include in my supporting statement?
- Your current notice period and date you could start
- Your current pay sale
- Dates during October that you would be available for interview
What's the deadline for applications?
11pm Monday 6th November 2017
What if I have questions?
How do I apply?
Click on the "Apply now" button below to apply through the TES portal