Moral Purpose – Students first – a belief that all students can achieve and an unwavering commitment to pursue achievement for all.
The purpose of this role is to:
• Deliver outstanding GCSE and Functional Skills Maths provision to a wide range of full-time learners, through an exceptional student experience leading to positive achievement outcomes.
• Undertake a range of administrative and development duties that contributes to improving learner’s skills, abilities, confidences, achievements and progression.
Main duties and responsibilities
The successful applicant will be expected to:
• Deliver excellent GCSE Maths and Functional Skills Maths teaching to predominantly 16-19 year old learners.
• Contribute to the Maths department/team through an enthusiastic, dedicated and pro-active approach, utilising a proven record of innovation and teaching experience.
• Demonstrate an understanding and sensitively for the needs of your learners to support their progression and achievement outcomes.
• Apply differentiated and engaging teaching, learning and assessment strategies to enable learners to achieve their potential.
• Through a well-organised manner regularly review and monitor learner’s attendance, targets and progress and follow up as required to ensure learners achieve their potential.
• Monitor learners progress through core duties including initial diagnostic assessments, ILP’s, learner profile contribution, preparation, marking, effective feedback, tracking progress (including ProMonitor), exam preparation and supporting appropriate intervention.
• Evaluate and assess (formative and summative) the work of learners in relation to the curriculum criteria and provide timely constructive and helpful learner feedback.
• Maintain quality systems related to the teaching of GCSE Maths and Functional Skills including designing work schemes, lesson plans, assessment plans and assessment activities.
• Attend meetings and contribute to the continual quality improvement mechanisms, including IV and standardisation.
• Develop quality and innovative resources (including e-resources) which support the development of GCSE / Functional skills teaching, learning and assessment.
• Prepare and enter learners for exams in a timely basis.
• Play an active role in raising the standards and awareness of Maths across college.
• Keep up to date and adapt to changes with current national developments in GCSE Maths and Functional Skills.
• Share in responsibility for ensuring good standards of student’s behaviour and take appropriate disciplinary action when liaising with course tutors.
• Contribute to the advice, guidance and assessment of prospective learners, e.g. marketing activities, student interviews, placement and open days.
• Communicate effectively with students and peers.
Other Corporate Responsibilities
• Reflect the vision, mission, aims and values of the College.
• Always strive for continuous improvement in your professional practice and delivery of outcomes.
• Commit to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
• Participate in the College’s Performance Development Review and engage in continuous professional development.
• Continually improve teaching, learning and assessment through proactive CPD and sharing best practise.
• Support enrolment procedures as appropriate and cover for absent colleagues as appropriate.
• Be compliant with Data Protection Act arrangements and confidentiality.
• Identify the financial, health and safety, equality, safeguarding, confidentiality or other risks associated with the post’s sphere of responsibility and to define and take positive action to manage these risks.
• Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
This role description is current as the date shown. It is liable to variation to reflect changes in the role, priorities and circumstances.
To apply, please visit https://www.telfordcollege.ac.uk/jobs/
Closing date: 12pm onTuesday, 4th June 2019.
Interview date: Thursday, 13th June 2019.