Specialist Maths Teaching Assistant
Deadline for application: Monday 4th June 2018
Planned interview: W/c 11th June 2018
Salary Scale Point: 12 - 15 (FTE: £18,375 - £18,936 this be pro-rated in line with Academy terms & conditions)
Actual Salary: £15,312 - £15,780 36 hours per week, term time only
The Archer Academy is a maturing 11-16 secondary school which opened in September 2013 in East Finchley, serving families in the surrounding areas of North London. Have you finished sixth form or university and are thinking of a career in teaching or education? Are you considering a gap year to gain experience in working with young people to help you prepare for the next step of your career? Or are you currently an LSA or wanting to become an LSA and specialise in Maths? The successful applicant will be proactive, a team player, keen to do their best to support students, and well organised. They will be keen to work in a Maths specialist school.
Main responsibilities in Maths will include:
- Leading Year 10 & 11 small intervention groups working towards Grade 4 and 5 at GCSE (old C/B grades)
- With support from the Maths team, leading the Entry Level Certificate for a small group of Year 10 and Year 11 students
- Leading small Year 7, 8 and 9 intervention groups for students who find Maths difficult, including our ‘Functional Skills’ Maths groups, and Year 7 Catch Up group.
- Planning and preparing resources - Tracking and monitoring performance of groups - Supporting individuals requiring support to meet targets
- Acting as a Teaching Assistant in some key lessons, supporting students to make progress within lessons Previous experience of working in a KS2, 3 or 4 school environment is desirable but not essential.
Please submit your application by clicking the "Apply Now" button below.
Please do not hesitate to contact Karen on 020 8365 4110 ext. 725 with any questions