Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge
Student Progress Leader, Maths
MPR/UPR (£23,720 - £39,406) plus TLR2g (£4529)
Up to £10,000 recruitment and retention allowance available for an outstanding candidate
Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge is a new academy within Trinity Multi-Academy Trust, which joined the trust in October 2018. Although, the academy has recently transferred, the trust have been supporting the academy for over 12 months to ensure the team behind the success of the flagship school, Trinity Academy Halifax, work to replicate their successes in improving the outcomes for children and young people.
Aspirations and ambitions are high at the academy, and the trust’s outstanding leadership team has embedded targeted and effective support, which have been based on world class, proven systems. The vision is to transform education at Sowerby Bridge, with the intention of providing an outstanding education to students.
The GCSE results in the summer of 2018 were a validation of the work which we have already undertaken in the academy. We have improved our Progress 8 outcome by +0.92 in our first year in the trust (from -0.47 in 2017 to +0.45 in 2018). The results our students obtained means the academy can now be recognised as one of the most improved schools in the country. However, we are determined not to rest on our laurels and are always looking for ways to better serve our students.
What can we offer you?
• An opportunity to be involved in the transformation of Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge
• Full support from a dedicated team of senior leaders and a large pastoral team
• A first class behaviour for learning system
• Excellent teaching resources
• Career progression and cross-trust working
• An excellent CPD package for all staff, including a further comprehensive programme of professional development provided through the Trinity Teaching School Alliance and West Yorkshire Maths Hub
• A range of staff benefits, including a Cycle to Work scheme, reduced cost health cover and childcare support
What are we looking for?
• a dynamic, passionate and inspirational Student Progress Leader
• a commitment to achieving excellent results for students
• a candidate with high expectations of themselves and others
You must be fully committed to optimising the opportunities that are available to children and young people, secure in the knowledge that you will be joining an ambitious forward-thinking Academy Trust that sets the standards for our family of schools and academies.
Start date: September 2019
Closing date: 9am 25 March 2019
Interviews: 29 March 2019
Apply now! For further information on this role, the benefits of working for the trust and how to apply, visit our recruitment website; www.trinitymat.org/all-vacancies. Here you can also view our Staff Prospectus.
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.