We are looking for a Maths Teacher in a school that offers excellent opportunities for professional development. Twyford Church of England High School, an Ofsted outstanding school with a thriving Sixth Form, is one of four Twyford Trust schools, and the new post-holder will be joining us at a time of growth. The organisation therefore offers good promotion prospects for motivated and energetic teachers who support the ethos of our schools. The post is well suited to experienced teachers, and we are able to offer a key stage responsibility or other responsibility post, for the right candidate. The role is also suitable for NQTs and RQTs.
The department comprises 16 teachers, led by the head of department and Key Stage Coordinators. The department includes 3 trainees, with many of the team having additional responsibilities across the school. The successful candidate would teach groups from all key stages; all teachers in the department are required to teach Maths to KS5.
Results in 2018:
GCSE (Year 11): 9-7 49.7%; 9-5 82.4%; 9-4 90.4%; 9-1 99.5%
A Level Maths: A*-A 41%; A*-B 72%; A*-C 87%; A*-E 100%
A Level Maths (FM Option): A*-A 100
A Level Further Maths: A*-A 90%; A*-B 95%; A*-C 100%
For more information about the school, please visit the Twyford CE High School and Twyford Trust websites. For more information about the role and how to apply please see the Job Description on the Twyford Trust website at: http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies
The successful candidate will have:
- A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status
- Ability to teach Maths to KS5
- Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum
- An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
- An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
- An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
- Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
- Energy and enthusiasm
- A commitment to the ethos of the school.
- Exceptional professional development and career progression
- Positive working relationships at all levels
- A supportive and lively Leadership Team.
How to apply
Please visit the Vacancies page of the Twyford Trust website by clicking on the Apply button for more information about how to apply, and to download a Job description, Application Form and Letter to Applicants.
Applications must be submitted to HR/Recruitment at Twyford School by the closing date and time above. They can be posted to Twyford Church of England Academies Trust, c/o Twyford Church of England School, Twyford Crescent, Acton, London W3 9PP or emailed to email@example.com Please do not submit application s by fax.
Closing date: Noon, Thursday 21st March 2019
Interview date: Thursday 28th March 2019
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS please see https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
You will also be expected to sign and adhere to the school’s SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE and SAFE WORKING PRACTICE AGREEMENT which is available as a download on the school website Vacancies page.