The International Community School, Amman, is a school with a bold vision and a big heart. The global home of #themonalisaeffect, award winner and nominee at the International School of the Year Awards 2019, and the first international school in the world to achieve the prestigious Inclusion Quality Mark, the school is a world leader in the use of student-level data to ensure every child can tread a learning and wellbeing road which is personalised to their strengths and needs. One of the most international of international schools in the Middle East, ICS is proud to offer ‘the world in one classroom’, and, through its determination that all stakeholders #makethepoint in everything they do, adopts a trailblazing determination to engage with and serve its local, regional and global community.
ICS is looking to appoint a Maths Teacher to join our talented, energetic, cohesive and friendly Secondary team from August 2020. Applicants should be UK qualified (or equivalent), and able to embody the school’s Guiding Statements and Core Values at all times. They should be optimistic and open-minded, collaborative and kind, and always reflective on their own practice and how it can better meet the attitudinal and aptitudinal needs of each and every student, true to the school’s #earlyyearsup approach. They should have the experience or inclination to embrace and engage with our very diverse group of students and staff, ensuring that cultural differences are both recognised and celebrated. The ideal candidate will be an outstanding Maths teacher who is able to teach across the age and ability range.
ICS offers a highly competitive package, including:
- A generous, tax-free salary for the duration of the two year contract;
- A comprehensive programme of Continuous Professional Learning;
- A thorough and detailed induction programme;
- Fully-furnished, 2-3 bedroom accommodation;
- An annual utilities allowance;
- Annual return flights;
- Comprehensive medical insurance;
- Free tuition for up to three children;
- Free transportation to and from the school;
- A bonus of half a month’s salary upon signing a second contract.
Not only is the International Community School committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, but we are also advising the Ministry of Education in the development of outstanding policy and practice kingdomwide. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check.
ICS is also an equal opportunities employer.
To find out more about the school, please view our recruitment video here .
To apply for the position, please send all of the following, for the attention of Matthew Savage, Principal, to email@example.com . Please submit each document in pdf format; failure to include all the information below may adversely affect the success of your application:
- A full and up-to-date CV (maximum 2 pages), which:
1. includes a recent, professional photo, and your date of birth, nationality, marital status and number/age of any dependents;
2. outlines all education, qualifications and employment (from Secondary/High school onwards);
3. accounts for and explains any and all gaps in employment or education;
4. clearly states the best telephone number, email address and Skype ID on which you can be contacted;
5. includes the contact details of at least three referees (one of which must be your current/most recent Headteacher/Principal).
- A Letter of Application (maximum 2 pages), which:
1. clearly states for which position you are applying;
2. demonstrates clearly how your skills and experience equip you for this role in our school;
3. evidences your pedagogy and practice, and enables us to measure you against our Teacher and Leadership Standards and to distinguish you from other candidates;
4. includes the following paragraph: “I declare that I have not been convicted, nor had any criminal proceedings against me, nor have I been warned, either orally or in writing, in relation to any safeguarding issue. I declare that there are no such proceedings pending against me at the date of this declaration. I know of no reason why I should be considered unsuitable for work with children and I have not been dismissed from such a post for malpractice. I understand that the International Community School will carry out enhanced DBS (CRB) checks on all employees on appointment as part of our Safer Recruitment policy, and that my failure to disclose information will result in dismissal in the case of an appointment being made.
The deadline for applications will be 5pm (GMT) on 21 February 2020. Please note that, due to the number of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; please also note that we reserve the right to make an earlier appointment should we find an exceptional candidate.
Interviews will be conducted via Zoom between 25 and 27 February 2020. Should you require any further information about the position, or if you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact Abeer Ardekani, HR Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.