Maths Teacher and Humanities Teacher – Newly opened Independent Specialist Provision in North Cheam, Sutton.
Do you have experience or a passion to work with ASC students?
Are you looking for an exciting new job opportunity with a new, dynamic staff team?
Are you experienced in delivering your subject and looking for a new challenge?
If so, one of these opportunities might be for you.
We are currently looking to recruit passionate and experienced Teachers to teach Math and Humanities at Brookways School in Sutton, Surrey. Both teachers will be teaching across years 4-11 up to GCSE level. Our young people have struggled in mainstream education and need a positive educational experience. Both teachers will become part of a team that specialises in delivering a curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes.
At Brookways our students benefit from our unique, bespoke creative curriculum with strategic support from a multidisciplinary team of therapists, and we are looking for the next members of our teaching team to further enhance the learning experience.
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH and ASC day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We seek to recruit and develop people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support.
Due to the needs of our Young People experience of working with autistic / SEN students is essential. We currently have opportunities available for Teachers from a range of backgrounds including primary and secondary.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable ASC young people to learn
- Be a class tutor, ensuring pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
- Engage and motivate pupils
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Engage in whole school activities as required by the Head Teacher
- Adhere to all working protocols as agreed and published in the Brookways School handbook
- Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
The main responsibility of this post is to provide high quality teaching and learning for mainly KS3 and KS4 classes within Brookways School, for a detailed breakdown a full job description is available on request.
Person Specification (Essential)
- Successful class teaching experience
- Experience of working with children with SEN, challenging behaviour or ASC
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
- An excellent knowledge of the specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role Kedleston will offer:
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- The opportunity to join a supportive and dynamic new team
- The support to progress in your career
If you have a positive attitude, a good sense of humour and are passionate about working with young people then we would love to hear from you.
For more information please contact Sjeane Brzuszkiewicz via email firstname.lastname@example.org or click to apply now.
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.