We are a highly successful, community mixed comprehensive school with Teaching School status in a pleasant rural setting only 5 miles from the centre of Cambridge. We currently have around 170011-18 pupils on roll including our new sixth form centre that opened in September 2011.
Our pupils are well motivated, staff morale is excellent and examination results at KS4 are outstanding: in summer 2017 the total grades at A*-A/9-7 were 39%, A*-C/9-4 were 84% with 80% of pupils achieving grade 4 in English and maths. Our provisional Progress 8 figure is +0.59; last year we were in the top 5% of all schools with a Progress 8 figure of +0.53. At KS5, the Sixth Form’s results are in the top 5% nationally for student progress made against predictors, with 40% of all grades in 2017 at A*/A grades. The school has consistently been rated by Ofsted as Outstanding over very many years; at the last full inspection we were rated as outstanding in every measure.
We are seeking to appoint an excellent teacher to join our vibrant and successful mathematics department. Attainment in maths is outstanding: 88% of pupils were awarded at least a grade 4 at GCSE, with 35% awarded at least grade 7 and over 11% gaining the highest grade 9. At KS5, 43% of pupils were awarded at least a grade A and 89% of pupils awarded at least a grade C.
For the right candidate, we are able to offer the opportunity to teach lessons at Comberton Sixth Form. This could be teaching a class from our large cohort of A Level Maths or Further Maths pupils. As early adopters of the Core Maths qualification you could also teach this exciting new course.
We have a strong track record of supporting and developing our NQTs. Our programme includes:
· A carefully structured programme NQT induction programme in the first year with weekly NQT meetings.
· Access to trust-wide NQT events and maths-specific NQT events run by the Cambridge Maths Hub.
· A maths-specialist NQT mentor, with timetabled fortnightly mentor meetings.
· A reduced timetable to allow you additional opportunity to observe and learn from colleagues, including nationally-renowned maths educators.
· Continuing support in your RQT year through a guaranteed place on the highly-rated Developing Effecting Teaching programme. This includes four days of specialist pedagogic support and observation opportunities.
· RQTs also benefit from additional non-contact time that can be used for coaching, observation and co-planning with an identified coach drawn from the experienced staff in the maths department.
· Many of our maths teachers have been supported to complete their Master’s in Education degree in their second year of teaching.
· Access to the development opportunities offered through our teaching school alliance (camteach.org.uk) and our Maths Hub (cambridgemathshub.org).
· NQTs are also able to do paid work in July to ensure they make the best possible start in their new role in September.
This is an exciting time to join our maths department: Cam Academy Trust are proud to be the base for the Cambridge Maths Hub. In this role we are helping every school and college access locally-tailored and quality support to develop the teaching and learning of mathematics. Many new members of the Comberton maths department have gone on to lead workgroups for the Maths Hub.