The Fulham Boys School is a new 11-18 Church of England Boys School currently with three year groups, the school will grow each year as a new cohort join to reach full capacity in 2020. In September 2017 the school will have boys in year 7-10. The school is geared towards Boys, built upon Christian principles and nurtures Enterprise.
The School has an academic curriculum that aims to give our boys a broad range of opportunities and equip them to apply for Russell Group and Oxbridge Universities. The curriculum is brought alive by innovative teaching, with access to the latest learning technologies, geared towards boys. The Fulham Boys School is built upon Christian principles and values with great emphasis upon high standards of behaviour, uniform, attendance and pastoral care. All boys are in school until 5pm Monday – Thursday which allows us to support the holistic development of boys with personal, business and social enterprise a key feature of the school. Boys take part in a variety of enterprise projects throughout the year and enterprise skills are embedded in all lessons.
The school is on a temporary site in West Kensington with good facilities and excellent transport links before moving to a purpose built school on the Fulham road in 2018.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, creative and well-qualified teacher of Maths to join this innovative Maths Department with real-life project based learning is at its heart. The candidate will work closely with the Head of Maths to develop a creative curriculum built on ‘bringing out the best in boys’. For the right candidate there will be the opportunity to take ownership over one area that the department wants to develop further e.g. Numeracy, Assessment for Learning, Differentiation.
In particular, candidates should:
- Show the ability to be a/or become an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Have high expectations of students in terms of learning, achievement and behaviour
- Have enthusiasm for developing innovative and creative approaches to learning, teaching and student participation
- Have a sound subject knowledge which they can utilise to challenge all pupils
- Have a clear understanding of the latest curriculum and pedagogical developments in the subject
- Have an ability to engage and motivate boys
- Have a commitment to support our enrichment programme by facilitating co-curricular clubs
- Have the capacity to contribute to the development of the School’s Christian ethos
17 additional days holiday
NQTs welcome to apply
How to apply:
Application forms can be submitted here or sent to Recruitment at The Fulham Boys School, Mund Street, Gibbs Green, London W14 9LY or by email to email@example.com. Covering letters should be in a font size no less than 11 and no longer than 2 A4 sides.
If you would like a confidential discussion with our Headmaster or to arrange a visit to the school please call the school on 0207 381 7100.
Application deadline: Wednesday 22nd March
The successful candidates will be supportive of the School’s distinctly Christian ethos
The Fulham Boys School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate must be able to satisfy an enhanced disclosure check with the Criminal Records Bureau.